Silver Cell for Dummies.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mhm, he did a good review of things but some things remain not addressed; no suggested solution for Pd or the chalcogenides, Te, Se (that's why an oxidizing melt is important!).

Unfortunately, while there are no secrets in electrochemistry, there are secrets in process chemistry.

amesametrita,
I must admit your work in this thread has put a whole new light on the way I was seeing things, I did not understand your first post or the goal, completely, (my judgment also had tainted my view) I also was not considering working with dirty solutions electrolyte solutions or impure anodes as an effective recovery method, (besides what I have learned here on the forum), but from what I have read lately and your well written thread, I feel a bit more opened minded on the idea, and other possibility’s.

I have tried some trials similar to what your discussing in experiments, and had decided in my mind that the best thing this was good for was to break down the metal to powder, as I had not separated metals effectively in the experimental trial cells, and in the end I had to use other methods anyway, to separate and recover and refine the metals, so in the end of those failed experiments, I did not save any work, or acid reagents in the long run, with what I had tried, (my lack of education, and failed attempts painted one picture in my mind, on that subject).

The way I am seeing this at this point is that it could be viable, but also it still looks like a juggling act to keep everything balanced, at this point it looks like I would need to learn juggling to do any good at it. :lol:

I also must admit I see you, and your intentions in a whole new light, I was suspicious, from your first post where you stated you wished to challenge conventional thought of the forum and its way of thinking, I guess I have let the actions of others who came here before you, who were doing that, taint my view (those who did not know what they were talking about but gave the impression that they new everything and were an authority on the subject, and seemed to be using their knowledge for less than honorable intentions, constantly challenging conventional methods or science), and when I did not quite understand where you were leading or completely understand it , I became suspicious of your intentions, and read what you wrote with suspicion instead of with an open mind as I should have had..

You have given me a new respect for what you, and what you have to say, and I will look at it much differently now.

I do apologize, as I see now I have judged you and your first posts wrongly, You seem to know what you are talking about, and your discussion of the science involved does make sense, and you do bring up some very interesting and good points to the table to think over, I do feel like I could learn a lot from your discussions, and I also feel you have challenged my thoughts and conventional thinking and you are making me want to look more at it, and read it more in a different light.

Thank you again for doing the work you have done here, I could follow most of it, some of it still a bit unclear, I will have to do more study to understand it completely, I have printed this thread out and will review more to try and get a better understanding, I do not know I will run out a build a dirty silver cell anytime soon, (but then again who knows, :lol: maybe after I get a little more education on the subject, I may try it again.

Thanks again for your work here, and opening my mind, I also hope you accept my apology, and you feel welcome here on the forum, I will also look forward to reading more of your interesting posts.

The moderators would like to thank all of the members who contributed to the original thread that this post was based on, as well as those who asked questions showing what was missing. Because of the extra length and interest in this thread we have created the above, consolidated version making for an easier read. We encourage all members to read, comment, and ask questions in the original thread, Silver Cell for Dummies.

The Library threads should not be considered to constitute a complete education. Instead, they're more like reading a single book on the subject of recovery and refining. There is so much more information on the forum, and it is impossible to include it all in these condensed threads. Members are strongly encouraged to read the rest of the forum to round out their education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back