• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Silver refining DVD for Sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazersteve

Staff member
All,

I've finished my Silver Refining DVD. The disc has a one hour and five minute play time and covers the following chapters:

1. Pouring Alloy Anodes
2. Electrolytic Cell Setup and Operation including making of the electrolyte.
3. Harvesting the Crystals
4. Casting 99.99% Silver Bars
5. Cell Clean up
6. Converting Silver Chloride and cementing silver ( all new videos by request)

Additionally, for anyone who is a current member of the forum as of midnight at 6/20/2010,

I have placed a hidden Easter Egg somewhere on the DVD. The Easter Egg is static on the DVD.

Here are the rules:

1. The first three eligible forum members to purchase the DVD and follow the Easter Egg will be rewarded with 454 g of fully plated gold scrap.

2. The prize is gold plated scrap in the form of copper based pins that yield an estimated 1 gram of gold per pound. All prizes are identical pins, with no mixtures of pins in the lots.

3. I will cover the shipping charges.

4. I will not ship to PO Boxes.

5. One prize limit per forum member.

6. The DVD must be purchased through my website via paypal and the invoice Transaction ID submitted by the winner.

7. The Easter Egg will give specific directions to the winners. These directions must be followed exactly or your chance to win the prize is forfeit. I will know if you have found the Easter Egg by your actions.

8. Cheaters will be disqualified.

9. The prizes will be awarded to the first three members to find the Easter Egg and perform the directed tasks. Sequence of winners will be judged by time stamps of communications.

10. The Easter Egg can be found on the DVD during normal viewing on a computer or set top player. Once found, it will require you to perform a specific task to claim the prize.

11. In the event of a tie for the last prize I will award both parties the prize.

12. Prizes may not be substituted for cash, store credit, or any other item of value.

13. I reserve the right to change these rules as required. I seldom alter the rules of my contests once they are made public, but if large amounts of time pass before the Easter Egg is found, I may choose to provide hints or additional information.

Hint numbers 1, 2, and 3 are here :
Hints

14. I reserve the right to disqualify those who I feel deserve to be disqualified if necessary.

15. Winnings are non-transferable.

The Easter Egg hunt should prove to be fun and difficult and will require you to do some home work of your own before you can claim the prize.

I will update this thread as winners are verified so check back daily. Feel free to post your comments about the DVD here.

Good Luck!

Steve

Steve,
Got the video today.I must say,another great video.

I knew that before I ordered it, as all your videos are top
notch.

How long until the rhodium video?That is the one I am really waiting for.Please don't wait for rhodium to hit $10,000 again.

Jim

Oh yea, I didn't see any easter egg, so happy hunting to everybody else.

jimdoc said:
Steve,
Got the video today.I must say,another great video.

I knew that before I ordered it, as all your videos are top
notch.

How long until the rhodium video?That is the one I am really waiting for.Please don't wait for rhodium to hit $10,000 again.

Jim

Oh yea, I didn't see any easter egg, so happy hunting to everybody else.

Jim,

Like all good egg hunts, it's hidden. Everyone who buys a copy of the DVD has the same chance to find the egg. It is on every copy of the DVD. It's not egg shaped so don't let the term fool you. Wiki Easter Egg Media ( link in first post above ) and you'll understand better what to look for. You won't need anything special to find it, but you will need to be resourceful to understand it.

The Rhodium video is on hold while I get a few other things done. I haven't forgotten about it, I'm just on another track right now.

Steve

lazersteve said:
The Rhodium video is on hold while I get a few other things done. I haven't forgotten about it, I'm just on another track right now.

Steve

Thanks. I don't want to keep bugging you about it. I think it will probably be your best selling video for sure.I know I am not the only one waiting for it.
Looked again,and still not luck with the easter egg.I think you hid it good,do you think watching the video through Ubuntu with VLC will affect finding the egg?Maybe I will try it on my DVD player.

Jim

jimdoc said:
Looked again,and still not luck with the easter egg.I think you hid it good,do you think watching the video through Ubuntu with VLC will affect finding the egg?Maybe I will try it on my DVD player.
Jim

No. It's visible with the naked eye. If you can see the video, you can see the Easter Egg. Finding it is only part of the fun.

Steve

Steve, this isn't exactly about the Silver Refining DVD but....besides what you have listed on your site, what other informational DVD's do you have? Also with your dealing with fingers and pins, which would be better, AP or the sulfuric cell? I'm hoping to purchase your DVD's within the next few days. Just out of curiosity, how long would it take to ship 3 DVD's to Ontario, Canada? I look forward to viewing and digesting your videos.

Rusty

rewalston said:
..besides what you have listed on your site, what other informational DVD's do you have?
Only those that are listed. I've had recent requests for DVDs on Rhodium Processing, the Sulfuric Cell, and Waste Disposal. If you have a request, please post it here. My biggest problem is that I spend weeks or even months making these DVDs and then no one steps up to purchase them once they come out. This is why I added the Easter Egg to the silver DVD in hopes that sales would be given a bump. So far sales of the DVDs have been slow.

rewalston said:
Also with your dealing with fingers and pins, which would be better, AP or the sulfuric cell?
Acid Peroxide is best for finger scrap hands down. For pins the Sulfuric Cell works great. Smaller pins will require some type of basket or tumbler arrangement.

rewalston said:
.. how long would it take to ship 3 DVD's to Ontario, Canada? I look forward to viewing and digesting your videos.

Rusty,

I ship most orders within 2 days of receiving the Paypal invoice. Occasionally, I have to wait on an out of stock item and shipping is delayed until the new stock arrives. As for how long it takes to get to you, that's up to the post office. Typical time to arrive to Canada is one week depending on where you live and other factors (weather, etc.).

Steve

Update!

No one has found the Easter Egg yet.

Maybe this is going to be tougher than I thought. I'll give it another week and then post a clue to help the contestants.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Update!

No one has found the Easter Egg yet.

Maybe this is going to be tougher than I thought. I'll give it another week and then post a clue to help the contestants.

Steve
please Steve don't give out clues until i get my cd delivered.
I can hardly wait :p

Back