Small talk with an ex West African scammer.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella polaris

Some years ago i happend to get to know a West African guy with a past as a ex scammer. I asked him if we could have a chat and if i could publish our conversation here. Here is an West African view on scamming.

“In West Africa most people give a shit if you scam a Westerner due to the West have robbed their countries for centuries and still are. They knows that every president are in the hands of foreign powers robbing them for the resources in the country.”

Small talk with Mohammed from Guinea.

-Why so many scammers in West Africa?

Mohammed.
- First of all you have to understand the situation in West Africa. People are poor, have no job and nothing to do. There are 60-70% unemployment. The middle class is small and in minority. Then you have a few very rich. 80-85 % of the people lives in extreme poverty. In Nigeria 90%. In Congo it is the same even if it is the richest land in the world, in natural resources.

In West Africa it is never political stability. As fast it comes a president that is good, for the people, he gets shot or removed in a coup. A Western approved president comes in his place. Big companies get the concessions even if it means a lot of people have to move from the site. The president get his share. There are no control what and who export natural resource out of the country. ”Business needs instability”. If it is a chaotic situation its easier to make money and a chaotic situation there is.

-Who is the typical West African scammer?

-It is not the poorest people. They do not have the knowledge ( uneducated) nor the money needed to go to a internet cafe. But poor people with some education and access to a keyboard. Often people that dream of a materialistic life.

-How are people seeing them in their homeland?

-If they are religious, no matter if Christians or Muslims, they see them as thieves. Ordinary people see then i different ways. From scumbags to heroes. One reason for people seeing them as heroes is that West robbed their country for centuries. If someone hits back its just ok. Fair play so to say. This is the main reason they are scamming westerns outside Africa.

-Is domestic scamming frequent in West Africa?

- No. Domestic scam are rare. People have no money you can scam from them.

- What type of scams are most frequent used?

- Low level scams. Most scammers are not smart enough to launch a high level scam. They just do not have the education needed nor the money.

- What types of scams do you mean with low level scams?

- Prince and princess scams, help to loose stuck funds and the other type of spam scams. The scammer needs to come in contact with a person that are lonely, dumb or greedy. Preferably a mix of them all so they just spam out their scam. Quantity before quality. This type of scams never fools rich or well educated people (unless they are dumb, lonely or greedy.)

- So internet is crucial for scamming business?

- Yes. The scammers would never afford the postal stamps to Us and Europe.

- Is it many scammers that are successful?

- Many try, a few succeed.

- What do they do with the money?

- Most of them are uneducated and do not know how to invest the money. Instead they go materialistic. There are even idiots that buy a Lamborghini even if its not a single road in the city they can drive it on. To bumpy shitty roads. Others start to behave like gangsta style kings idiots and pisses off people. Suddenly the mob is there and lynch them.

-They get lynched?

- If they start behave like kings and harass people yes. They get literary lynched when the people are enough fed up with them.

Gold.

- This will be published, at a gold refining forum, so i want to ask a little about gold. How does the illegal gold work? Who is controlling the gold?

- The chaos are were the money are. Africa must remain in crisis and unstability in order to provide money to the West. Control the government and you control the natural resources. To buy the president and get a mining concession is not refereed to as illegal mining. A farmer that collect 10 grams is a illegal miner and must be stopped. Its all about the angel you look in to it. Big companies have big friends. The farmer have none.

- Who buying the illegal gold?

- Gold buyers. People that drive around, at illegal sites, and buying. They in their turn sells to the ”bigger guys”. - I looked in to become a gold buyer myself. If you have the money to buy up gold its not difficult. Fast money.

- You mean buying illegal mined gold?

- Yes. You buy from the locals that mining. 20, 50, 10 grams here and there and you soon have a kilo. The prices are low. In fact if you do not have a big mining company you have to buy from illegal miners in order to make good money.

- Have you been buying illegal gold?

- No. I was thinking to start. Money was no problem. But as I said before, people are poor. Bandits exist and you need a big freaking gun if you driving around at the countryside, with a kilo of gold or 25,000 usd in your car. For me the money was not worth the risk. For others it is.

-Who is the end buyer of the gold?

-The largest buyers, as i see it, of gold and diamonds are Antwerpen and Qatar. As an example you can look at gold export from Mali and other countries with illegal gold mining. Compare their export statistic to Qatar, with the gold import statistic of Qatar, and you will find a large deficit. Qatar imports a lot more from each compared to how much they export to Qatar. The difference is illegal gold.

Sad to say the same is true in many poor countries. When I was in graduate school I worked as a chemist at a manufacturing company that had a coil winding facility in Haiti. They were having technical issues in Haiti and I was off from uni for the summer so they sent the college kid there for 2 months to work out the problem. The facility was in Cap Haitien and on weekends I went exploring with an engineering student from France. We went to an area called Trou du Nord which had some shallow gold mines where locals dug for gold. The locals were quite skiddish around us because the government sent strongmen to dissuade them from mining the gold. These were incredibly poor local people who grew coffee in the hills and just tried to make ends meet but if they were caught, or if they tried to sell to the wrong people, they got in big trouble. And this was almost 50 years ago.

So just like in Africa, there exists another majority of decent people being suppressed. They saw all Europeans and Americans as suppressors. But back then there was no internet to facilitate scamming.

This is the sick reality of globalism. The elites of the world all collude together to oppress all of us. They will not be satisfied until everyone and everything is under their thumb.

It's why they're so furious when we work together and reject their various agendas.

Back