smart phone gold recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can these phone circuit cards yield more gold? In Myanmar, China is buying at a high price.
Please do not use bold or all caps text, it is considered shouting and as such is impolite.
There is Gold in there but I doubt it is much, most is in the chips/ICs.
But the boards may be refurbished and may have value as that.

One of the earlier cell phones AKA brick
I remember that kind of cell phone😂. When I worked as an ambulance paramedic back in the 20th century, they were firmly mounted in the ambulances, both near the driver and in the back of the "infirmary cab". Real classics and just like @Yggdrasil writes there should/might be a lot of goodies to find in it🙂.
/Dennis

Many of those bag phones were satellite phones. I remember a few years ago cell phone companies were offering to trade them for the latest cell phone with a free years subscription. My old partner had one that he originally signed a life time contract on. He never gave in and kept it until he died. We did a lot of work in remote spots that cell phones still won’t work even today. That old bag phone worked 100% of the time. He paid 19.99 a month for 30 minutes air time.

Many of those bag phones were satellite phones. I remember a few years ago cell phone companies were offering to trade them for the latest cell phone with a free years subscription. My old partner had one that he originally signed a life time contract on. He never gave in and kept it until he died. We did a lot of work in remote spots that cell phones still won’t work even today. That old bag phone worked 100% of the time. He paid 19.99 a month for 30 minutes air time.
Not sure about service, but they're selling for $30 on ebay.

Back