Sodium Nitrate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The drain cleaner is contaminated with buffers and such. If you are willing to take the time to boil down the battery acid it is the way to go. The drain cleaner is acceptable for the electrolytic cell if it is concentrated enough (>90%).

Steve

I see the subject about sulferic acid is this or can it be a replacement for the sodium nitrate in AR ? just curious

Not really.
You can use sulfuric acid to make nitric acid but using sulfuric for AR is a little bit complicated.

Never evil said: Sodium Bisulfite $9.99 64oz at Wal-Mart.

I've seen sodium bisulfate in the pool section sold as a ph increaser. I think Never evil is referencing sodium bisulfate, which will not precipitate gold. I don't know of a use for sodium bisulfate. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Joe you are absolutely correct on my mistake! When I purchased it, i did misread it as -ite. The crap at walmart is -ate.

Thank you for the catch on that one.

Muriatic at the home depot here is 2.67 for 2 gallons of it. It can be redistilled. Stump remover is about $0.67/lb, and the sulfuric at True Value is about 12 dollars for a gallon, and the buffers make no difference when you use it for making nitric acid.

Back