South African market for selling

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day, and first thank you for a top class forum packet with information

I am completely new to gold and other precious metal recovery out of old electronics that I have collected over the past few years ( desktop computers, medical instrument pcb's and so on), I had huge success in selling 100% platinum to local gold and jewelry buyer, but only due to the platinum not needing any refining, I simply needed to take it out of the device, clean and ready to sell. I sold a good 150 grams!

Problem is from what I read, I don't think it would be worth while to recover what I have as I have no equipment at all and acquiring the needed tools and equipment, especially a furnace will not make financial sense.

So I explored selling my depopulated components like most would do on Ebay but ran into the next hurdle, for me as South African to sell internationally is very complicated ( needing to build a reputation and get a number of local sales behind my name before being allowed to start advertising abroad)

So next best I search for people locally interested in buying for instance a pack of sorted MLCC and or plated fingers, but I just can not find anyone other than big recycling companies interested in the boards only classified in different grades.

Is there any other South Africans that has gone through the same experience that could advise please, or first price potential buyers locally that I can check out?

Looking forward your responses.

Best regards

Andre

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bumping a thread in an attempt to get more views is considered rude on this forum. Are you rude?

If there is no interest in your offer, it means there is no interest in your offer. Move on.

Time for more coffee.

galenrog said:
Bumping a thread in an attempt to get more views is considered rude on this forum. Are you rude?

If there is no interest in your offer, it means there is no interest in your offer. Move on.

Time for more coffee.
My most sincere apologies, had absolutely no intention of being rude. Moving on I suppose...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

At least it's not as bad as double post.

I don't remember there being a rule against bumping posts. Maybe I need to read the rules again. :lol:

Don't worry Andree7, maybe someone will have something to add, but I haven't seen too many South African members so far.

Göran

There is no rule against bumping, but a moderator and administrator that many here admired considered bumping a thread to be rude.

I probably should have been a bit less forceful in my tone, but, in my defense, I am only five days post-op from my second significant surgery in under a month. If my wife were not out of town with the granddaughters, she would had taken my phone and locked down the computers to protect me from myself.

To the OP. When there is interest in your offer, there is interest in your offer. If you have new information, by all means post away.

Just took scheduled meds. Time for a nap.

Back