Starting a Sulphuric cell

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rreyes097

Supporting Member
So I'm starting my sulfuric cell again and I have a lot of small gold-plated pins. These came from the green fiber CPUs so they're really small pins. I was wondering if the tin and lead that is still stuck to many of them was a problem in the electro sulfuric cell? And any other advice is always appreciated.

So I ran the sulfuric cell for 1494g gold plated. Probably more along the lines of 1300g after the junk was separated. Also ran probably 15 20lbs of 22kt gold plated utensils. 2 to 3 whole sets. Could've been more honestly but I didn't weigh all of the utensils. This is the biggest run on the sulfuric cell I have ever done. I'm not waiting for things to settle. Before I try and dilute the sulphuric acid for the majority of deplated gold I wanted to decant the rinse water containers. Which are quite large for I rinsed each item twice. Well my question is.... Is there a useful tip to try and get the gold in said rinse water to settle faster? Just wondering.🤔

Might work,
Aluminum Sulfate (Alum) Al2 (SO4)3 Alum is the coagulant of choice for many industrial and sanitary wastewater treatment applications, due to its high efficiency, effectiveness in clarification, and utility as a sludge dewatering agent.

Simply heating the water may well help it settle quicker, give it a try, it works well on refined gold.

i am doing research into starting a sulphuric cell aswell. did the tin give you any issues? thats kinda my only concern about this process as for as questions and expectations i just havent found any usefull info about it.

Latest posts

Back