Trick or Treat! Refining Photo Contest!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpeacemaker

It seems as it's gotten a little ghostly here lately.👻😱
So I came up with a contest to hopefully bring back a little life. As some know I like to take pics, but this time I want to see yours.

Contest rules as follows:

User is an active member for 3 months or longer.
You can post the maximum of 2 pictures. Pictures must be yours.The pictures must be related to anything with refining and or scrap.

Maybe you got a special pic of the motherload. Or maybe some crazy out of this world gold drop. Or maybe some insane reaction. I just want to see something cool!

Pictures will be judged by 2 non biased, non forum people. Contest will be over on Oct. 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm (Mountain Daylight Time) and winners will be announced within 24 hrs. If the circumstance arises to where the winner doesn't respond in 48 hrs after being given notice. They will forfeit the prize and it will be moved down the line.

1st place: 1 gram Apmex gold bar.
https://www.apmex.com/search?&q=1%20gram%20gold%20bar
2nd place: 1/2 gram Apmex gold bar
https://www.apmex.com/search?&q=1%2F2%20gram%20gold%20bar
3rd place: 1 Oz Apmex Silver bar
https://www.apmex.com/search?&q=1%20oz%20silver%20bar
4th place: Your choice of being flogged with popcorn balls or those gross orange and black wax paper wrapped peanut butter kisses. Joking 🤗

Prizes will be shipped directly from Apmex.

Good luck!

Okay . . . I'll bite your tasty lure!

The two pics I'm submitting are from my first attempt at incineration. I originally posted them (and others) at https://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=26227&p=278223#p278223

Modern Art1a.jpg
Modern Art 1a (left to right):
Copper bonding wire
Gold over nickel plate copper pad and wire (?)
Piece of a silicon die

Modern Art4a.jpg
Modern Art 4a (left to right):
Gold over nickel plate pad and wire (?)
Unknown (nickel? tin? lead?)

Peace and health,
James :G <(1 gram Apmex gold bar :D )

I like it! Those look really cool close up! That first one I could see being blown up, and put on the wall somewhere.
Thanks for sharing! 💙

Andrew

First picture is of a vintage calculator that had lots of beautiful gold. The second picture is of a vial containing all the gold I've recovered since restarting this interesting obsession of mine. So please don't look upon it as simply gold. Because I'm sure all you refiner's and recyclers know what I mean. It's hours of filtering and frustration. 16323592132217485642107965353090.jpg ps is won't allow me to add the gold picture

Rreyes097 said:
First picture is of a vintage calculator that had lots of beautiful gold. The second picture is of a vial containing all the gold I've recovered since restarting this interesting obsession of mine. So please don't look upon it as simply gold. Because I'm sure all you refiner's and recyclers know what I mean. It's hours of filtering and frustration.
ps is won't allow me to add the gold picture

Sure do. It's an art form. Some requiring lots lof patience! :) Your second pic, you're more than welcome to try and upload again. I was having issues loading pics last night too so it might be a forum thing. But, could be a few things too. Dave usually has the help link for posting them I believe.

Thanks for sharing! Some scrap is pretty just the way it is. :)

Andrew

Rreyes097 said:
ps is won't allow me to add the gold picture

Not sure what problem you're running into. You should be able to attach 5 pictures to a post. I gave information on attachments in Attaching Images or Files, Working with Attachments.

You can either try to edit your original post to add the second picture, or just make a new post and attach it there. If you run into problems, let me know what kind of error messages you might be getting.

Dave

So here's where all my time goes when I'm not working on my house. Roughly 110 grams of silver and 14.5 of gold. Drying out another couple grams of gold but wasn't photo ready yet! I hope I win! My wife will finally see that I'm not wasting my time!

Attachments

• 16338045333563542051162429178948.jpg
    16338045333563542051162429178948.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 16338045585988040351072590725568.jpg
    16338045585988040351072590725568.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
Hahahaha!! My wife seems to think it’s a waste of time because I refuse to exchange it for green paper who’s value is dropping like a scalding hot potato.

Not a great many photos on my phone but this one is cool enough to contribute.

Attachments

• 0614F36D-C7EB-4824-AAF2-B9E7BBF2074A.jpeg
    0614F36D-C7EB-4824-AAF2-B9E7BBF2074A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
Rreyes097 said:
So here's where all my time goes when I'm not working on my house. Roughly 110 grams of silver and 14.5 of gold. Drying out another couple grams of gold but wasn't photo ready yet! I hope I win! My wife will finally see that I'm not wasting my time!

My wife at the time of starting, complained, bickered, argued, you name it. But when I went to go sell that first bar guess who went with me. Guess who left with the money in their hands and a huge grin on their face. Thats right me!! Lol joking she's still trying to take money from me and we aren't even married anymore.

From a business to a hobby and back to a business that sold. Things worked out. I ended working for one of the biggest refineries in the state of Colorado after that. (All from the starting point of a hobby)
They were mining close to a million dollars a day. She was mad she couldn't go with me.Ive seen a lot of significant others join in after some time of observation. Sometimes they even get more involved with whatever it is then the person that started.

Andrew

Yes she still complains but that gold really helped when my truck broke down and also needed registration and smog. Guess how we paid for that when I was in between jobs? That Lil gold button! So as long as I got the remodeling done then she don't mind what I do after. Well as long as I still show her her proper attention. :wink:

Hello!
Picture 1 : A beautiful colour pattern coming from a CDD that acts like a diffraction grating.
Picture 2 : 0.5 grams of pure gold powder in water, coming from 250 g mixed IC chips, harvested by hand literally

Attachments

• PXL_20211022_181954259~3.jpg
    PXL_20211022_181954259~3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20211022_182826552~2.jpg
    PXL_20211022_182826552~2.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 6
Back