Vintage boards 1967-1971ish

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those boards are AMAZING!

..... and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all.

Hmm, I only get a partial of a capacitor and some resistors. Nothing of value as I can see.

Edit: Maybe the smaller metal one may be a Ta Cap or not..

Hmm, I only get a partial of a capacitor and some resistors. Nothing of value as I can see.

Edit: Maybe the smaller metal one may be a Ta Cap or not..
And next to the smaller capacitor there's a metal case transistor - gold plated legs and possibly gold plating inside, under the die.

Maybe but this photo do not lend itself to any conclusion. 3 caps and a few transistors aren’t worth anything. If you have a picture of the whole board maybe….

Yeah I figure it's not high end boards but it's old and made in USA! Anything from my experience old and made in USA has had value, just like our veterans Thankful for y'all who served.

Attachments

• KIMG0393.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 61
Think most are from one the first or earlier automotive diagnostic machines, I dismantled over ten years ago. Alot of capacitors are labeled with plus+ signs . Tantalum???

This picture is better.
And I didn’t mean worthless, but as precious metals, there was not much in the first picture.
Here there may be more, but not much in monetary value.
Cards may have more value, complete for collectors.

I can only see few metal casing transistors. If they have gold plated legs and bottoms, they could have a good recovery of gold. If they have legs and bottoms without plating, it would be low yielding. You need to cut the top of the transistor off and see if there is gold plating inside.
But overall not much. Not even worth to run a batch.

I can only see few metal casing transistors. If they have gold plated legs and bottoms, they could have a good recovery of gold. If they have legs and bottoms without plating, it would be low yielding. You need to cut the top of the transistor off and see if there is gold plating inside.
But overall not much. Not even worth to run a batch.
Per the bold print - I agree

The only other real value I see on those boards are the tantalum capacitors - some of which may (or not) be the silver/tantalum caps

Kurt

Back