Wanna Hear a Twisted Story?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acpeacemaker

As some that know me I've been through some of the worst nightmares imaginable. But life seems to just be having these weird twisted quirks that just make you sick to your stomach. -this is my life

I did get remarried 5 years ago. As much as i cant explain it. It's a different kind of love. I actually loved her even more. As a lot of couples have their issues with money. Ours wasn't terrible, but there were times we struggled to make ends meet. And if we had it she'd spend it and id get blamed. (Weird how that works). Or narcissism at its best. So 2 years ago since she wanted to always join the army...i said screw it, i have your back no matter what. Just meant i had most of the bills, juggling both of our kids, meals, school, activities, etc on my own. A lot in between but ill make this short.

So ive been into bitcoin since 2009... I've had 1k's of coins since it started. Always never when the price was so high. Except for one wallet i still kept but it was a messed up encryption that was impossible to crack.

So when she went to boot camp. I decided to take the challenge of learning everything possible in hacking and encryption or decryption. I've worked on it in the past with dozens of people telling me it was a pipe dream. Or it was completly something I could never get back. Even my own wife. Hey, you know that money you talk about you have that doesn't exist...that sort of thing.

Well, we came home for the holidays. The day right before i got a notification on my phone from a program i created inline with my computer. Wallet successfully decrypted. Woah right in time for Christmas. While she was at her sisters I was able to cash out $25k and I gave it to her (in cash) that very night as a surprise. It was a gift to say this year would be better than the rest. We can enjoy things more without so much struggle.

Now the thing was... I was going to give her everything that was in my wallet. Something in my gut said test the waters. I would have gave it to her because that's how much she means to me. I could have cared less about the money. Even though I was bashed about something that never existed....

So the next day i was with all my kids at the mall and my wife was supposed to come back and pick me up. No call, no answer, no reply...i found out after the mall closed she was already on the road already. She left me..Over 1k miles to get back home. That was the worse feeling ever. On my birthday even.

So over a couple months I tried to figure a way to put us together again. She didn't know how much money I had but she knew I had some. She wanted me to send her more money or she was basically not even going to talk to me about our relationship. Every time I wanted to but when I'd get ready to send it my stomach would sink and I felt like my soul was being taken. (I knew what was happening.) I never sent money.

So I later was served divorce papers. Its a crappy feeling to still want everything to try and fix something you want so badly. Only for them to leave you.

So here it is she's gone and I'm sitting on 1.7 million dollars. To be honest I don't even know where I want to go with this ride anymore.

Andrew

Palladium said:
Best thing that ever happened to you brother! God works in mysterious ways.
Keep your head up and your wallet down!

Thanks broham,

I know there's a bigger plan in the making. Sometimes we just can't see it right off. It's hard not to get past the idea I'd rather have her in my life than the money. But this whole situation showed her true colors. Maybe it's just hard to process that she really wasn't who I thought she was.

galenrog said:
Is she still in the Army, or did she desert that, too?

Time for more coffee.

Still army. T15
There's a couple things she pulled that could have landed her in hot water. One I won't say here but I had a neighbor that is a general that knew one of the situations. They told me I needed to turn it in she could get a court martial.

Sounds like you have 1.7 million much more loyal companions to share life with!

Sucks what she did, but someone like that is bad news and a con-man... be glad she is gone and don't look back. There are plenty of decent and more grateful and hardworking women out there.

Are you still out in the mountains working the claims? We chatted a bit a long while ago, but its kinda hazy in my brain... just glad to hear your around and kicking!

M

mls26cwru said:
Sounds like you have 1.7 million much more loyal companions to share life with!

Sucks what she did, but someone like that is bad news and a con-man... be glad she is gone and don't look back. There are plenty of decent and more grateful and hardworking women out there.

Are you still out in the mountains working the claims? We chatted a bit a long while ago, but its kinda hazy in my brain... just glad to hear your around and kicking!

M

I have been in mid US lately. I thought about going back to my claims just to get away. Buy the necessities and go up there for awhile. After all, it's aquamarine season :) I miss 13k feet and my pet bear.

Thinking about it though. You gave me an idea. I might make a thread for donated claims to grf only members. Not sure how many claims I would buy, but might be a fun way to give back to the forum. Not necessarily the quarter million dollar claims but might be fun.

Andrew

Damn brother.... many, many crazy ones out there. My first marriage was a real eye opener. The end of that was a blessing. Ugh.

Glad you got your money out of your coin. I’d keep that under wraps myself. Money has a way to screwing peoples minds and lives up.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Ohiogoldfever said:
Damn brother.... many, many crazy ones out there. My first marriage was a real eye opener. The end of that was a blessing. Ugh.

Glad you got your money out of your coin. I’d keep that under wraps myself. Money has a way to screwing peoples minds and lives up.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

I was at a point with myself that hey... I've been through this before. (I was married 13 years) But this one has had a different effect on me. Emotionally harder to even try and get passed. Just to be someone's stepping stone.

The money actually has made me feel more alone. To me I was doing it for us. To enjoy together.
But to any friends or family Id had that found out. They don't really exist anymore. They expect me to just give it to them. (Coming from the ones who put me down, or told me I was dreaming. Or when I really needed their help closed the door in my face.

I love giving to others and that's what makes it even harder. It's like almost 2 decades of my life was a test not for myself, but I was the test. To the ones around me. I've actually calculated this out in my head numerous times. Approximately 95% of all of them failed. (Including the wife)

I'll asume this is a stranger-in-a-bar type of chat and jump right in...

What about those kids you mentioned? They yours, hers? Mixed, sitcom, step-by-step type situation?

If your kids consider her their mommy - make the fusk up, step over your ego, make peace, whatever it takes, there is no highest or noblest pursuit than making your kids happy... No amount of money or narcisistic self-gloating would make up for you robbing your kids their mum (or dad)...

If you dont have any kids together, consider yourself lucky, dodging the bullet - take your 1.7kk and spend it on your kids - both short and long term...

After winter comes summer..

So you are sitting on a program that could be worth a heck a lot more than those dollars. If you take 10%, to decrypt wallets with lost encryption keys, you can be in hefty figures. Then you can stop working and spend your time with the kids.

niks neims said:
I'll asume this is a stranger-in-a-bar type of chat and jump right in...

What about those kids you mentioned? They yours, hers? Mixed, sitcom, step-by-step type situation?

If your kids consider her their mommy - make the fusk up, step over your ego, make peace, whatever it takes, there is no highest or noblest pursuit than making your kids happy... No amount of money or narcisistic self-gloating would make up for you robbing your kids their mum (or dad)...

If you dont have any kids together, consider yourself lucky, dodging the bullet - take your 1.7kk and spend it on your kids - both short and long term...

I have kids and she has kids. No kids together but she has a daughter I consider my own. I've been in her life since she was 1 year old. Her dad was a scumbag that went to prison for drugs and stabbing someone. I'm the only dad she knows. I wanted to adopt her but it's not as easy as it seems. We had 7 altogether. My kids are my true everything. I'd do anything for them and have. Some of that very info is even here on the forum. I went through the worst nightmares you could imagine. My good days were other people worst nightmares. But I did it for them. And still will.

I'm not a flashy person, or materialistic, or has to have everything. Just a kid from the sticks that enjoys rocks, and fly fishing. But I did put a chunk in a safety deposit box in a bank. They are supposed to contact my oldest if something were to happen to me.

More or less this just makes me want to do something for people that just can't seem to get on higher ground. The ones that really try, but need someone to believe in them. I know what it's like to want to believe in yourself when no one else will. Its emotionally hard. The underdog

stella polaris said:
After winter comes summer..

So you are sitting on a program that could be worth a heck a lot more than those dollars. If you take 10%, to decrypt wallets with lost encryption keys, you can be in hefty figures. Then you can stop working and spend your time with the kids.

I've thought of this too. I haven't decided how I wanted to approach it. Whether invest in myself as a small business gain or sell outright. But there is a lot of wallets out there from the birth years of coins that are locked up.
It's too bad they used to have burn addresses as jokes to the whole thing. :(

acpeacemaker said:
I'm not a flashy person, or materialistic, or has to have everything. Just a kid from the sticks that enjoys rocks, and fly fishing. But I did put a chunk in a safety deposit box in a bank. They are supposed to contact my oldest if something were to happen to me.

I don't know what the laws are where you are, but where I am, as soon as a death notice is announced/published, the bank will lock down any safety deposit boxes that belonged to the deceased. It can take a long time and a lot of proof for the person who inherits the contents to get them released.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I've actually had concerns of this but I had a contract (I don't know how legally bound they are) But the bank is supposed to release it when my oldest is 25 if something happened. And she has keys. But I've still wondered what else I could do. I don't want grubby exes getting a hold of it. They've already done that with other money and never used it on the kids.

Sorry man, I have hard time understanding what are you crying about...

You made sweet chunk of money, you have a family to spend it on, you got ungrateful, toxic, unreliable, gold-digger(?) of a person out of your and your kids life, no struggle, no hassle....

....are your diamond shoes too tight, also?

Or was she extremely hot? At least that I could see crying about...

I wish I had the time (and courage) to explain to everyone here what you did to my wife and I years ago. How you cost us many thousands of dollars, and then ceased all communication. I've never mentioned it once publicly on here, because I'm not that type of person, but now that you are bragging about all this money, I'm interested in reading your response.

acpeacemaker said:
I've thought of this too. I haven't decided how I wanted to approach it. Whether invest in myself as a small business gain or sell outright. But there is a lot of wallets out there from the birth years of coins that are locked up.

Put it on E-prom and sell or rent. If you go for it yourself you must have the customer by your side, You open up and transfer 90% to your customers new wallet, under his supervision.. Do not think anyone just want to send the wallet and hope they get it back. It makes your area smaller. But i think there are people that have considerable sums in the wallets they forgot about. When they remember they forgot the code.

acpeacemaker said:
galenrog said:
Is she still in the Army, or did she desert that, too?

Time for more coffee.

Still army. T15
There's a couple things she pulled that could have landed her in hot water. One I won't say here but I had a neighbor that is a general that knew one of the situations. They told me I needed to turn it in she could get a court martial.

You mean her mos is 15 Tango? Helicopter repair? I'm happy for you Andrew, hope you can manage the money to make you more.

niks neims said:
Sorry man, I have hard time understanding what are you crying about...

You made sweet chunk of money, you have a family to spend it on, you got ungrateful, toxic, unreliable, gold-digger(?) of a person out of your and your kids life, no struggle, no hassle....

....are your diamond shoes too tight, also?

Or was she extremely hot? At least that I could see crying about...

Nah, it was the fact I loved this woman more than myself only to find out she was a lie. I would have done anything for her. I mean that literal. And when it came down to being able to enjoy each other more without as much struggle, she was gone.

Back