• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted used old watch batteries.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no, no...
If you collect batteries from everything you may encounter like one - two silver oxide in every hundred collected. They are rare and are generally found in high end electronic devices. Something like really expensive watch or more likely hearing aid or medical devices. 99% of batteries are of the kinda worthless (to us) category.

All silver oxide batteries are 300 series. the #s on the will be between 300-399 if not chances are its not a AgO battery.

Eric

What is the average recoverable amount of silver per lb from those batteries?

Kevin

patnor1011 said:
40% of their weight if I remember correctly.
Darn, that's not bad at all.

I saw a video on YouTube a few weeks ago and they even have a chart of all the batteries that contain the silver. I'll try to find the video and post a link to it, but from the charts that they showed, there are probably over 100+ different model no#'s that have the silver in them.

40% of the weight isn't bad at all. The video even shows how to take them apart. I'll have to look into a source where I can get those batteries from.

Kevin

testerman said:
patnor1011 said:
40% of their weight if I remember correctly.
Darn, that's not bad at all.

I saw a video on YouTube a few weeks ago and they even have a chart of all the batteries that contain the silver. I'll try to find the video and post a link to it, but from the charts that they showed, there are probably over 100+ different model no#'s that have the silver in them.

40% of the weight isn't bad at all. The video even shows how to take them apart. I'll have to look into a source where I can get those batteries from.

Kevin

You need the download from this. Its a great read. Like I already said it is the 300 series with a manufacturers name batteries. but there are other names some times stamped on them.

Eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEOYRZR7Uto

Here's his website. I also noticed that he's using Sam's CPU videos on the video section of his website below. He doesn't mention mercury button batteries which were used primarily in hearing aids, I think. When I ran silver batteries, I had to first remove those.

http://www.compuscrap.com/batteries/

This other guy processes them about the same way I did. It's been a long time but, to open them up a crack so the nitric would get to the inside, to smash them I think I ran them through a set of 6" dia. rolls on a machine that was originally used by a paint manufacturer. I certainly didn't cut them open individually - not my style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmYguvk_d74

Here's a good old post on them by Manuel. Where are you, Manuel? You're sorely missed.

http://www.goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3212&p=27240&hilit=button+batteries#p27240

Thanks GPS thats the link to the download I was talking about must have forgot to paste it in. :oops: :oops: :oops:

testerman Pm me your address I have some you can play with if you want to toll refine them for me. its a pound+ of varta 357

Eric

etack said:
Thanks GPS thats the link to the download I was talking about must have forgot to paste it in. :oops: :oops: :oops:

testerman Pm me your address I have some you can play with if you want to toll refine them for me. its a pound+ of varta 357

Eric
PM sent.

Kevin

traderdans said:
I'm paying $60 + per pound for used silver oxide watch batteries. More for larger quantities. DanO
we collect used watch batteries here in the Uk would you be interested in them. we collect about 50-100kg /month. email:[email protected]

i hope it is ok to reply to a buyer in this forum. Since you asked i assume it's OK

isaaclevy said:
traderdans said:
I'm paying $60 + per pound for used silver oxide watch batteries. More for larger quantities. DanO
we collect used watch batteries here in the Uk would you be interested in them. we collect about 50-100kg /month. email:[email protected]

i hope it is ok to reply to a buyer in this forum. Since you asked i assume it's OK
You did OK 8)
Welcome to the forum.
It would help you though to check the location of buyers and sellers as "Customs Fees" will usually negate any profits when shipping to foreign countries. Like your offer to DanO, located in the US.

Back