What do I have?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastal miner

Hi from Oregon Coast been mining since 1972 have never found the problem I had today would like help understanding what happened. Have been processing chemically since 90's. Don't know what happened to this batch and would like some input. First time I have had a lot of printer ink chips and decided to extract what I thought was gold on them. I used aqua regia to dissolve some printer ink clips... filtered to get the chip residue out ...all went well and looked normal until I put the urea in the solution to neutralize the aqua regia, the solution turned green and then turned a Beautiful blue... got it to the neutral acidity state and added my usual (stump Out) when I added it it formed a hard mass which I stirred and got to dissolve, the liquid started to become clear green then went to real clear now I have a lot of blue green residue that has dropped out of solution.. Always before when working with gold and all that I can find on dropping gold from Aqua Regia it turns into a brown mud and I have been told the only thing that drops using this method is Gold. So what do I have or what happened?

Back