What is this component

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbriese

I have seen these a few times and at just a glance thought they were some type of resistor array but today when depopulating a board from a bench top fluke meter I seen the z on the board so started looking closer and used my knife to scratch the blue coating off the traces. The bottom traces appear to be gold connecting to black traces. There are two connections where the traces look to be silver with just the very end having gold just before connecting to the black traces. Then the second connector down from top connect to a large pad that is the color of graphite and is so hard that a carbide utility knife has had time scratching it. It connects to a black trace at the other end of the pad
First can anyone tell me what this component is as a google for the numbers came up with nothing related?
Second does anyone know what the black traces are made of ?

Attachments

• D24F966D-30A4-4EA1-A95C-404EF0B6918B.jpeg
    D24F966D-30A4-4EA1-A95C-404EF0B6918B.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 49
I got over a hundred similar looking things. These came out of older Motorola slot cards. As they updated to the new digital systems I got the old analog equipment, not sure what that part is though. All the tracing/shaded areas on These were Pt, not sure if yours is the same or not. A little testing solution and stannous will give you the answer. I always keep a small bottle of stannous in my PM testing solution kit.

I wouldn't recommend breaking those up to process them. I'm not sure what that white ceramic sub straight is made out of, could be Beryllium??... I didn't take the chance and just left them whole when I processed themKIMG3529.JPGKIMG3528.JPG

I have seen these a few times and at just a glance thought they were some type of resistor array but today when depopulating a board from a bench top fluke meter I seen the z on the board so started looking closer and used my knife to scratch the blue coating off the traces. The bottom traces appear to be gold connecting to black traces. There are two connections where the traces look to be silver with just the very end having gold just before connecting to the black traces. Then the second connector down from top connect to a large pad that is the color of graphite and is so hard that a carbide utility knife has had time scratching it. It connects to a black trace at the other end of the pad
First can anyone tell me what this component is as a google for the numbers came up with nothing related?
Second does anyone know what the black traces are made of ?
Type of hybird intergrated circuit. Black is likely carbon ink.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_integrated_circuit

Back