What is this? [ confirmed contains 0.003% venedium ]

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levs

IMG_20210327_103823__01__01 (1).jpg

this is post smelt.
requires alittle more than the 1063C that hits Au, but not too much higher and it becomes a homogenous liquid type molt.

i know this couldnt be Iron?

the meteorites they derive from are non-ferrous when untampered by the furnace.

post smelt, there seems to be some impurities that become electromagnetically charged due to the extreme heat.

catalytic properties seem to be 'rather well' when left in peroxide the oxygen molucule visibly is being split off the H20.

i have tons and tons of documentation and time lapse.

Vanadium, the primordial, colorful metal. Usually a byproduct of uranium enrichment.

it is visibly on the top layer after the first molt

Can you measure the density? Often density is the simplest clue to the primary composition of an unknown alloy.

Metals by density:
Metals and Alloys - Densities

(My friend inherited a mysterious slab of a dark unknown "metal" bonded to a chunk of stainless, unreactive to all acid tests, nonmalleable. As soon as we measured the density as "around 2" it ruled out most of the other suspects and became obvious it was semiconductor silicon.)

Vanadium's primary use is high strenght steel like HSS steel, tool steels and such.

It is found in more than 65 different minerals and is an excellent catalyst with main use as Pentoxide for Sulfuric acid production.

It melts at 1910 centigrade so it is unlikely to be pure Vanadium on the top crust.

But one or more of the minerals in there can contain Vanadium.

The main production is from mining specific minerals or a by product of mining Uranium.
From 1920 60% of the worlds Vanadium came from one mine in Peru.
For the time being China, South Africa and Russia are the biggest producers.

Back