What size "hole" for Silver Cell filter?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DachSavage

Working on my silver cell filter basket today and trying to figure out a filter that will do the job properly. I have watched a bunch of Sreetips videos on his silver cell set up and asked him what the size of the Shop Vac dacron filter mesh he uses was, he wasn't sure so I spent some time and finally came up with a size of 3 nanometers for a Shop Vac brand HEPA. Does this sound about right for a silver cell filter? I am thinking about trying a Covid mask but don't want to waste my time if its too "tight". Has anyone tested and posted on the optimum size? Trying to not re-invent the wheel yet not break the bank. Dach.

PS, as I am brand new to this forum I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post this request and if so would appreciate tips on moving the thread. Dach.

Try plain muslin cloth from Walmart. It is cheaper and works really well. I had to many problems with the vacuum bags allowing slimes through them into the electrolyte.

I look for the weave count. I like it tight woven but if not you can double it up and it works just as well.

I look for the weave count. I like it tight woven but if not you can double it up and it works just as well.
We are working with a modified anode basket for our 19 qt 140ozt cells, and finding the right cost-effective filter materials has been a huge challenge. Appreciate your help... Jeff

Attachments

• Cell #2.jpg
    Cell #2.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 1
Working on my silver cell filter basket today and trying to figure out a filter that will do the job properly. I have watched a bunch of Sreetips videos on his silver cell set up and asked him what the size of the Shop Vac dacron filter mesh he uses was, he wasn't sure so I spent some time and finally came up with a size of 3 nanometers for a Shop Vac brand HEPA. Does this sound about right for a silver cell filter? I am thinking about trying a Covid mask but don't want to waste my time if its too "tight". Has anyone tested and posted on the optimum size? Trying to not re-invent the wheel yet not break the bank. Dach.

PS, as I am brand new to this forum I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post this request and if so would appreciate tips on moving the thread. Dach.
Im new here and just saw this. I use Shop-Vac #90115 TYPE EE you can get them at menards

Back