WHEN DISOLVING BASE BETALS, SHOULD YOU HEAT HCL?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalfish AR

Wondering if when I desolve my base metals in HCL does it make a difference if I heat the solution or not?

I've got some solution from an AR batch that is just waiting to be precipitated and wondering if I should heat that when I precipitate it?

Thank you so much for all of your professional help and professional opinions on these matters. You guys are a godsend...every last one of you!! Please excuse if my questions seem stupid but I am new at this and am a sponge for knowledge so I can get this right. I am still reading HOKE'S book, just taking me a little while as I have a few businesses I am juggling right now.

Thanks again.

Hey vamp.
Heating the Hcl will cause it to dissolve the base metals faster.You can also add 25 percent extra of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.IE:1000ml of Hcl /add 250 ml of peroxide.
I never heat my solution when percipitating,unless I need to drive off chlorine.
If you choose to heat your AR for percipitating,make sure you don't heat it for an extended period of time,as the solution will evaporate and salts will self percipitate(white powder).
Johnny

Thanks Johnny,
I like the nickname bud. Thanks again for the answer and info, it is so appreciated as always. I put a few other questions out there that I am sure you will see! Hope you and your wife are doing well. Thanks again for the help. I know I say that so much but I am just so appreciative to find people that are willing to truly help me as the guy at shor I dealt with was not very helpfull like I told you!

Latest posts

Back