Where to sell this ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gold occurs in granitic gneiss and the deposit contains principally free gold and occasionally electrum.

Gneisses and orogenic granitoids are the main hosts for gold deposits in the Tapajós Gold Province and account for virtually all the host rocks in STP.

Is there any buyers online for ore? Unknown composition 39.2 pound. Or what do you think is the best route to selling this
Hello; you should grind that rock down to zero micron size first; the small particles should pass through a fine and narrow cloth sieve. Examine them closely with a 20x loop magnifier and plan your actions accordingly. However, don't forget to eliminate base metals with HCL. Assuming you are familiar with the other steps, I've briefly and summarily explained them. Success in your research never give up, as trial and error often leads to success. Do not skip safety precautions; unknown rock types may harbor toxic components. Regards

FYI, there are realists on this forum, and a lot of talkers who cannot walk the talk.An ore is a mineral compound that can be mined, milled, and sold for a profit. If you cannot do that, it is not ore. It is a mineral of some known composition, maybe containing some PM's, but if it cannot be sold for a profit, it is not ore. The Moderators and professionals here can get frustrated with rookie claims of claiming it has Au in it, and it might, but if you don't know the difference between an ore and an unsalable mineral, but doubt the quality of knowledge on this forum, we have seen this type of behavior several times a week.I have 40 years in the mining, metals industry, and I learn a lot from these guys. One of the best lessons I have learned here is knowing when to shut the F--8* U(, and listen as well as a little humility. Listen to the right people, not the others trying to make friends like this is a Facebook site, or something.We would love to help you, but you have to also help yourself. Don't make false claims based on a feeling. This is a site of the known science of helping others refine Gold, and other precious metals, with associated processes.Before jumping on the so called pessimists for doubting you, please learn to speak our language. I hope you stay with this site long enough to gain some knowledge, and finally see what we are talking about.
Man... "walk the walk, talk the talk". Someone's got small man syndrome; talking tough on a science, geology, metallurgy forum like its UFC forum is exactly what this forum was being called out for in the first place....

Man... "walk the walk, talk the talk". Someone's got small man syndrome; talking tough on a science, geology, metallurgy forum like its UFC forum is exactly what this forum was being called out for in the first place....
This forum is based on science and in science definitions matter!

Since there are experts here, they probably already know what metals this type of ore, gneiss, gives. In the middle is a photo with a piece of rock after exposure to high temperatures. The mass has a yellow sheen that looks like a white sheen in the photo.
Is it possible to know how much this kind of ore is worth?

Attachments

• IMG_20160724_174620.jpg
    IMG_20160724_174620.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_231055.jpg
    IMG_20231212_231055.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160724_174650.jpg
    IMG_20160724_174650.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Initially, this is an interesting looking rock. The rock has undergone intense deformation telling from mylonitic-like fabric. The extensive shear-related structures with metoric waters ingression indicates its some mineral deposit. The colors indicate the presence of iron, which is a known associate of gold, silver etc. A rapid way of confirming if this mineral deposit is an ore is through the use of handheld XRF & XRD analysis.
So, first do analysis then to add confidence to the results, do sample extraction of the mineral that you want to sell the ore for. The latter, I believe, is why this valuable forum exists. This way am sure you will have sellable ore, based in scientific & realist values.
Good luck.
Is there any buyers online for ore? Unknown composition 39.2 pound. Or what do you think is the best route to selling this

Since there are experts here, they probably already know what metals this type of ore, gneiss, gives. In the middle is a photo with a piece of rock after exposure to high temperatures. The mass has a yellow sheen that looks like a white sheen in the photo.
Is it possible to know how much this kind of ore is worth?
Yes, but not without an assay.
Any rock without an assay is a rock, plain and simple.

Initially, this is an interesting looking rock. The rock has undergone intense deformation telling from mylonitic-like fabric. The extensive shear-related structures with metoric waters ingression indicates its some mineral deposit. The colors indicate the presence of iron, which is a known associate of gold, silver etc. A rapid way of confirming if this mineral deposit is an ore is through the use of handheld XRF & XRD analysis.
So, first do analysis then to add confidence to the results, do sample extraction of the mineral that you want to sell the ore for. The latter, I believe, is why this valuable forum exists. This way am sure you will have sellable ore, based in scientific & realist values.
Good luck.
Thank you very much

It could have some surface gold there. Maybe scrape a sample off and test with acid. Break it open too to see if any gold veins inside. If nothing else crush and assay a sample. I find those other rocks also. Seems to be some sort of geode-type formation. Sometimes there is gold ore in them.

Yes, for the prevention of people who buy ore for the exploitation of precious metals.
Unless it has an exploitable mineral content, it is not an ore, just a rock. And unless you have somehow determined its content of minerals or metals by some kind of assay it is still a rock.
It can be beautiful, interesting and or valuable but still a rock.

So please get an assay.

As usual, you cannot assay by a couple grainy photos. The mineralogy I see there, is some altered migmatite. A lot of Sericite or Muscovite are the shiny components. Have it assayed for your own knowledge. Sorry for the lack of patience, but GRF gets a lot of "please identify this rock" requests.

Gneiss, sericite phyllite with flint veins in the first two photos. Late last night I came across a post in a group where a man from Nicaragua is selling the same type of rock as gold ore. I have also come across photos in several places showing sulfide deposits in the color of the rock that I will post here, and the author of the post declares them to be sulfides of gold and silver. I would very much like to do an analysis, but the results I get on several occasions are disappointing. Not because precious metals really don't exist, but as if no one wants to accept their existence. They are not returning my samples. Last year I managed to get a melt in which gold, copper and silver-colored metals were clearly visible. I knew how to get platinum and palladium chemically. Gold was impure with copper. I still don't know how to chemically separate metal from metal. I did not process this stone but other sources. I haven't done anything about it for almost a whole year, but I want to. The other dark rock is not gneiss, but part of another rock with gold veins. The yellow metal sheen in the photo changes and doesn't stand out like it does in reality.

nice greetings

Attachments

• IMG_20160727_191943.jpg
    IMG_20160727_191943.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160727_192019.jpg
    IMG_20160727_192019.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160727_191902.jpg
    IMG_20160727_191902.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160727_191257.jpg
    IMG_20160727_191257.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160727_190758.jpg
    IMG_20160727_190758.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20160727_191343.jpg
    IMG_20160727_191343.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1704415317714.png
    1704415317714.png
    312 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Gneiss, sericite phyllite with flint veins in the first two photos. Late last night I came across a post in a group where a man from Nicaragua is selling the same type of rock as gold ore. I have also come across photos in several places showing sulfide deposits in the color of the rock that I will post here, and the author of the post declares them to be sulfides of gold and silver. I would very much like to do an analysis, but the results I get on several occasions are disappointing. Not because precious metals really don't exist, but as if no one wants to accept their existence. They are not returning my samples. Last year I managed to get a melt in which gold, copper and silver-colored metals were clearly visible. I knew how to get platinum and palladium chemically. Gold was impure with copper. I still don't know how to chemically separate metal from metal. I did not process this stone but other sources. I haven't done anything about it for almost a whole year, but I want to. The other dark rock is not gneiss, but part of another rock with gold veins. The yellow metal sheen in the photo changes and doesn't stand out like it does in reality.

nice greetings
Again, what people "declares" their rocks to be is irrelevant, assays is the only relevant information.
And the only return you should expect from a lab testing your rocks is results.
The samples are always "kept" by the lab.

I wonder if it ever sold. I have 100's of acres of similar looking rock. I didn't even see a bit of visible Au on that specimen. Slightest amount of visible Gold usually means around 1 ounce per ton, although you can also have ore with no VG that can run 20 or more, TOPT. I guess if I wanted to get rich, I could tout my rocks in a better light. My problem is I suffer from something called honesty.

In metamorphic rocks the range of gold content is from 0.86 to 22.4 ppb with an average of 4. 3. The average (in parts per billion) for gneiss is 1.8; for schist, 5.0; for quartzite, 4.8; and for mar- ble, 3.1.

Gold is usually found embedded in quartz veins or gravel.
Besides being a metamorphic rock, it contains schist as well as quartz veins.

If the forum works according to science, and all of the above is said by science, why would I argue otherwise. Same or similar is not the same.

In metamorphic rocks the range of gold content is from 0.86 to 22.4 ppb with an average of 4. 3. The average (in parts per billion) for gneiss is 1.8; for schist, 5.0; for quartzite, 4.8; and for mar- ble, 3.1.

Gold is usually found embedded in quartz veins or gravel.
Besides being a metamorphic rock, it contains schist as well as quartz veins.

If the forum works according to science, and all of the above is said by science, why would I argue otherwise. Same or similar is not the same.
That is true but average will not say that all metamorphic or all gneis contains Gold it can also mean that most contain nothing and others much more, true?
Which brings us back to assays.

I really do not understand what you are referring to in the last part.

It is always best to use the reply button so one see who you are replying to.

That is true but average will not say that all metamorphic or all gneis contains Gold it can also mean that most contain nothing and others much more, true?
Which brings us back to assays.

I really do not understand what you are referring to in the last part.

It is always best to use the reply button so one see who you are replying to.
Gneiss contains gold, quartz veins also but in a large range of presence of gold in them. Complete ore for sale should be completely ground, mixed and then taken from several places of the same pile and analyzed. I did not even claim that the analysis is not necessary, but I am very skeptical about the correctness of the analysis due to my past experiences.
In the post above I meant that ore that contains gold and ore similar to it that may not actually contain gold cannot be the same thing. Likewise, there is an ore that is a gold mine, and gold is not visible on it.

Back