Why Red Aqua Regia ??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a heavy loaded aqua regia with pure gold, then it could look red instead of orange. How much gold do you have in that beaker?

This is a bottle with close to 200g/l, far from concentrated. A concentrated solution can dissolve 3.5 kg chloroauric acid in 1 kg of water.
03-HAuCl4.jpg

Göran

I put there 62 gr Mineral..
First bath 20 ml Hno3 +60 mil HCl I think it is not enough
second time I add 33 ml hno3 + 100 ml Hcl

I think there lot of sulphur. and some white crystal down side I see that.. We will wait to see they with microscope cuz my job diffrent city from my family house and I will go there 10 days later..

I have many microscop picture from mineral if you intrest I can sahre here is that is ok forforum Rule ..

Hi All

I will Complete this weekend my aqua regia .. I will make that
First I will heat and filtrate solution.. after I will add ammonium chloride for check Platinum but where dissolve Ammonium chloride in water or HCL ? and I need to be eprovate Nitric? Befor the ammonium chloride ..
Who can be help me abouth That process
TY

I did the AR 12 days ago, the red color is gone. And now it's a yellow solution. And there's a lot of salt at the bottom. Now I can't take another picture here because it is night. but tomorrow I will share the pictures of those salts with the microscope.

Attachments

• 20191206_190954.jpg
    20191206_190954.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
I made AR 12 days ago red colors gone and it is now golden color and a lot of salt down the side. I will filter tomorrow in here night and the weather is cold. I will show the salt with a microscope tomorrow.

You state the red color is gone, did this happen after you added something like ammonium chloride, or has this salt (or complex) formed from some other reason like through evaporation?

Can you give us some more details of what you have done so far?

Your solution looks good and promising, although sometimes looks alone are deceiving.

I never touched it ... it looks like I left it. Tomorrow I was thinking of adding ammonium chloride after the filter
no I did not evaporate nitric acid. It was covered in a plastic bag, but it flew. Maybe there's snow in it.

That is disappointing, but not unexpected, So these salts did not come from adding ammonium chloride...

From your post, it appears you have some trouble with English or are having to use a translator, which makes it difficult for both of us to understand each other, try to use spell check, and the more details you can give the more we will be able to follow your progress.

The pictures are great and very helpful. it gives us an idea of what you are talking about and the pictures say things that you cannot say, keep posting your pictures.

It is just too bad the golden color of yellow rocks and the color of yellow rocks in solution is not as helpful and can even be very deceiving at times.

It was disappointing in me. I thought I'd meet a red solution for 12 days, and I'd filter it out and put an ammonium-chloride in it. I looked at the books you recommended. Now I think that the red color comes from this salt. Tomorrow I hope to share the images of that salt. sorry for english but sometimes i write on cell phone.

Possibly sulfur/sulfate salts? From pyrite along with other metals in solution?

Yes, I agree, just judgeing by the colors the solutions did look like they held tons of value, but judging by color alone is deceiving.

The chemistry is beginning to show a different story.

Today, I took a picture of Daylight Solution. That's the first picture.
1.jpg
Then I would filter it. There was a white salt powder in the filter.

When I examined the remaining sediment at the bottom, I saw that the minerals I threw into me did not dissolve in the AR, which surprised me.
 1-2.jpg
1-3.jpg
2.jpg
2-1.jpg

Then I washed this precipitate with a few cuts of water. and put it in a separate container and took a microscope image of the remaining insoluble minerals.
 3.JPG
3-1.JPG
3-2.JPG
3-4.JPG

I wonder if the HCL I use is corrupted.
Every idea matters to me.
I wonder if the white salt in the filter is silver.
I added three teaspoons of ammonium chloride into the solution I filtered, and nothing happened
4.jpg

Looks like leaveherite ore.

It is a fairly common ore, one of the more common ores on earth, although it is fairly common to find it in the vicinity of rich ore deposits it is not always found there.
Some types of these ores are often mistaken to be extremely valuable, or that they contain something of much more valuable, than any of the other deposits found in that area.

That is where you are searching for gold in ore and you find this type of rock or ore.
Ore that is best if ya leave her rite there and keep on looking.

butcher said:
leaveherite
that is very well idea ?
this filter paper I add some stennus chloride .. if u say lave it there then ok.

Attachments

• 20191122_233135.jpg
    20191122_233135.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 128
I do not see anything exciting,

Pyrite ore (or other ore) can carry some traces of values, so a stannous chloride test which is so sensitive to gold may show some reaction, also the complex nature of ore in solution itself may give some colorful reactions with stannous chloride...

butcher said:
I do not see anything exciting,

Pyrite ore (or other ore) can carry some traces of values, so a stannous chloride test which is so sensitive to gold may show some reaction, also the complex nature of ore in solution itself may give some colorful reactions with stannous chloride...

Many minerals are already Pyrite Ore .. A mineral that is insoluble in AR, but a mineral dissolved in H2O2 + HNO3 may have meaning for you if it doesn't mean anything to you. I'm going to write here what the mineral is sending to great universities or more experienced laboratories. but if you want, "Lave to wirete here"

1. Sulfur, if any, will appear as soluble sulphate.
2. Wash the yellow precipitate, see if it stays yellow
3. Yellow precipitate can be chromate
3. If chromate ions are present, red tint can come from traces of silver
4. Stannous test with chromate ions can give green hue

Back