X-Ray processing?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibycus

So I have a big ol’ stack of x-rays. For years I’ve been wanting to recover the silver. Just saw a video using bleach to get the silver off the acetates and then converting what is presumably silver chloride to silver metal using NaOH and Glucose.

I’m thinking about taking the first step (mostly so I can reduce the volume of crap I’m keeping), but holding off on the later.

will this do any harm chemically?
This video I watched, the guy was dipping his x-rays in the bleach, wondering if I just let them sit if it will do any damage? (Thinking pile a bunch of x-rays in a bucket of bleach and let them sit for a week).

For the later steps, are there ‘easier’ methods of conversion of AgCl2 to Ag? I’m not really worried about making it economical, really I just want to make a blob o’ silver at the end of the day.

Thoughts?

You need to make sure all of the films are completely subjected to the liquid. If not the Silver will not be recovered.
There are a plethora of ways it has been tried, most fail due to the amount of work required comparing to the values recovered.
It is possible though, some has succeeded.

You need to make sure all of the films are completely subjected to the liquid. If not the Silver will not be recovered.
There are a plethora of ways it has been tried, most fail due to the amount of work required comparing to the values recovered.
It is possible though, some has succeeded.
So people have tried just leaving in a bucket of bleach for a week?

Back