New Battery Technology

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldsilverpro said:
Gold 50 nm thick is worth about 2.7 cents per square inch. Not much.
True, but batteries often consists of two foils wrapped together so the internal area could be substantial.

But putting a lot of gold inside a battery means there probably is a lot of research on how to replace it with a cheaper alternative. At least if that battery type would become more common.

Göran

I should have read that article first. It seems like the gold film is used in a silicon pad to make contact with the skin of a person. It would probably be quite small and in my view not a battery as it doesn't store energy in a chemical reaction, it extracts energy from electrical signals in the human body.

Patnor, ZPower sounded too good to be true and a quick look on their website only showed small button cells. Have you seen any main laptop batteries from ZPower?

Göran

I did not. There are some pictures of them on a web but hard to say how many they manufactured (probably only some samples or prototypes).

Back