My old cell phones...

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m so modern I have a drawer full of old cell phones, lol.

Should I break them apart and try to recover the PM’s, or would it make better financial sense to just sell them?

Most likely more money can be made selling them but what fun is that?

Cell phones are fairly low value in terms of PM’s. Though low value material is a great place to start.

The question should be do I wish to spend my time learning a skill, that is not simple, that will take a lot of work and time on my part to begin to master, to possibly get some gold, or gain something in the process.

SerialHobbiest said:
Should I break them apart and try to recover the PM’s, or would it make better financial sense to just sell them?

If you don't already have LOTS of experience in processing cell phones (& therefore don't really KNOW how to do it) then (money wise) you will be FAR better off just selling them to a company like Board Sort

:arrow: https://boardsort.com/

click on the "Current Payout Rates" link (upper left hand corner)

You will find what they payout for ------------

Whole cell phone WITH batteries

Whole cell phones with OUT batteries

cell phone circuit boards

cell phone batteries

And for what it is worth - DO NOT trust watching a few You Tube to teach you how to recover the PM from cell phones --- there is LOTS of mis-information &/or incomplete info on You Tube --- if you don't already know how to process &/or are not already set up to process --- you will likely end up making a big mess we will then have to help you out of

On the other hand - if this is something you really want to learn - we can help you with that - but that is going to cost you more then you are likely to make just selling them

Kurt

Back