Gold plated boards processing

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

After separating boards that had gold plating such as following, from the 1680lbs lot, they were 50lbs in total.
image.jpg

Prepared a warm cyanide solution by adding 25grams NaCN to 1600cc tab water, then used 35ml of 35% hydrogen peroxide as oxidizer in the leach, here is what solution looks like after leaching completed,
image.jpg

325 mesh zinc powder added, before this I double check the pH to be 11,

After zinc cementation completed, waited for half an hour everything settled, decant solution, washed 3x with hot water, decant, pour water to cover the gray powder, and added hcl since I was pretty sure no silver was used in plating.
image.jpg

After the above reaction completed, the hcl solution is decanted and washed, you notice the brownish powder that is the gold,
image.jpg

Dissolving the brown powder in warm hcl, added few ml of nitric and reaction completed, filtered the auric chloride solution,
image.jpg

More pictures continued as following..

Regards,
Kevin

Continued from above,

Auric chloride solution added smb and waited over night and this is what I got in the morning,
image.jpg

After second refining and drying the gold powder, this what I got, 1.1g of gold powder from 17kg gold plated boards, complete sequence in an hour.
image.jpg

These are boards after cyanide leach completed, I should thank GoldSilverPro for this advice in regards to cyanide leaching and if safety is in place this tool is the greatest in refining ewaste.
image.jpg

Best regards,
Kevin

Hahaha,

Thanks, as of now I do not have a complete set up for my lab so I have to compromise.

Regards,
Kevin

Latest posts

Back