Needing help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninosombra

Hi, I am fairly new to this and would like some information on trusted places to refine or sell my gold. I've included some pics, I have around 300 grams not refined but I know more then half is gold. Email me or comment I would love to hear from you guys. Thanks again :)

Attachments

• 20170305_220738.jpg
    20170305_220738.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 0302172323a.jpg
    0302172323a.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 0302172323.jpg
    0302172323.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 280
Geo
i am not exactly sure as my father had it in storage but there are a few solid chunks of gold, alot of flakes/dust. I would like to refine but dont know in what direction to go.

Goldsilverpro
Very true.. now i just need to purify & melt. .any suggestions, anything would be helpful .?

What part of Kansas are you from?

I live near wichita and would be willing to help you.
You can PM me if that is information youd rather not be public.

Edit to add

Do you know what the "unwanted" metal is thats mixed in?

If these are relatively clean foils or material from electroplating racks it shouldn't be too difficult. Did your dad work in a plating shop?

Easiest way would be to melt it with 3 times its weight in silver (search for inquarting) and part in nitric acid. This will get you to 99% without much difficulty.

if it is what it looks like from your pictures it can be 90% pure (unless there is layered plating on dangler scrap) but with a potential to be worth $10K you should spend some time reading and asking questions here to maximize your payout. Try posting some better close up pictures.

Part of the value of this forum is the ability of our members to be able to look things up in the future for reference. This is made much easier by having it in the right section.

For this reason I am moving it to the help needed section.

Dont know yet sir but i would like to find out soon what im working with and how much..also a question does anybodu know what this unwanted material is? I have gold and a bunch.of grayish chunks of something. Again thank you all for your help this forum is amazing, been stuck on it for days now. :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_20170309_012620_562.jpg
    IMG_20170309_012620_562.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20170309_012554_084.jpg
    IMG_20170309_012554_084.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 114
That is definitely not electroplated contact material from a plating shop. I suggest you break up a piece of the black material and see with a magnifier if there is gold on the inside. It looks like the material came from scraping old crucibles which had some gold on the walls of the crucible and pieces of crucible come off when you do that.

I would crush up the material so the black stuff breaks into fine powder and use a gold pan like the miners use to separate the gold, which is heavier from the no value material. A few drops of liquid soap may be required to make the material sink in the pan so the gold doesn't float off the top with the lighter material.

Once you have most of the gold separated let it dry out and post another picture.

Back