incentration

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeneje

I have a chance to have some of my boards, cpus, IC and misc junk laying around incentrated by a smelting company. They use there furnance to melt ALum. and the owner told me bring some stuff down and he would burn it for me. What do you guys think?

Ken

will it be melted or just incinerated? I would bring all I had and then make dore bars out of them and get then assayed for fun.

Oh and separate the sintered Tantalum pellets I will buy them from you :lol: no seriously I will.

Eric

etack said:
will it be melted or just incinerated? I would bring all I had and then make dore bars out of them and get then assayed for fun.

Oh and separate the sintered Tantalum pellets I will buy them from you :lol: no seriously I will.

Eric
Hey Eric what is sintered Tantalum pellets?
Ken

this is a pic of the yellow ones most people know about.

there are many types on your boards most capacitors that look like wax drops are tantalum.

I will start a thread on what I buy or you can send me a PM.

most capacitors run between 10-30% tantalum. some are silver encased and some are Al some are Tantalum encased and run higher.

A real only has about 160 g of capacitors in it FYI and some leeds are nickel not Cu.

Eric

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 226
Thank you, etack

Gained a bit more knowledge about what was on the boards I carbonize in my little experiment.

I know I have pics of the boards before and after and have little half size bb's balls in the ash. Have no idea what, but I save everything.

I'll have to organize and post later. By no means not enough to sell, but this helps on what to save.

kjavanb123 said:
So what happened? What was the result from incineration of 105lbs?
It came out good. I still have to sieve the material, then process it. That is my goal this summer. I will post pics as it comes along.
Ken

Back