Selling my 1.1 Troy Ounce Button

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. After processing hundreds of pounds of RAM material last year, I was able to come up with this 1.1 toz button.
gold_button.jpg

I need to pay my attorney, so I'm having to sell it to Midwest for 95%/spot. This is my first time selling my gold and I don't know what to expect. I'm not a refining business so most refineries won't touch me. Gary at Midwest says he's gonna shoot it with a gun and make a settlement based on that.

I refined using the AP process, cleaned in hcl, dissolved in hcl/bleach, then dropped with SMB. Based on the shape does anyone here have an eyeball estimate on the purity? I'm guessing it's at least 23k.

Thanks.

If you processed and refined just the gold fingers from the memory, probably .95+ purity depending
on your wash skills after using the AP to remove copper. If you processed the chips as well as the
fingers from the memory, it may be lower as there may be silver, etc, from the chips.

All the buttons that I sold from processing fingers and processors, were .98 to .992 or so.
Let us know what the gun says. 8)

That's quite an impressive crater in the middle of that button. For it to be 98% I don't know that you could have a pipe like that. But then again the button looks very dirty. It may be the lighting though. Do you have any other pictures?

That crater in middle is not pipe rather deformation from not thorough melt, there is some pipe, crystallization visible on spots. It was not melted completely that can be said from uneven shape. If gold would be liquid from heat it would be nice circular shape and pipe would be more like deep cavity/crack centered in middle.
Your gold may be very clean, I would just remelt it again.

Let us know how the deal with Midwest goes. From what I've heard dealing with them can be interesting.

patnor1011 said:
That crater in middle is not pipe rather deformation from not thorough melt, there is some pipe, crystallization visible on spots. It was not melted completely that can be said from uneven shape. If gold would be liquid from heat it would be nice circular shape and pipe would be more like deep cavity/crack centered in middle.
Your gold may be very clean, I would just remelt it again.

Correct. It was not melted all the way. I had MAPP gas on it for 10-15mins. I just couldn't get it there. I combined 4 smaller buttons to make that 1.1oz. The original 4 buttons were spotless, shiny gold with the pipe.

***Update***

This button was sold. I did not go through Gary at Midwest, but he was considerate and friendly. I found a better deal.

I found a refiner locally here in Los Angeles called Pegasus Metals. My gold button (in picture) is .997 and I sold it at 99% spot. It was the most perfect scenario I could ask for. They were very professional and considerate, and very friendly. They offered me a tour of the place, and even made sure I had a bottle of water before I left the office. It took about 15 minutes in person. They drilled the button and assayed it. They charge $20 for the assay, but I was more than happy to pay it. Walked out with over $1,400.

Not sure if they provide shipping, but if you have enough I'm sure they'd work with you. These people were really nice to deal with, and they had an online reputation that backed that up. If any of you non-licensed guys out there need a buyer, I highly recommend.

Pegasus Metals, LLC
Los Angeles, CA
Trader: Melissa Alvarado
http://www.pegasusmetals.com

Hey Golddiggindude!
You may want to list it here in the "for sale or trade" section. I've only sold one button there. It was 52grams twice refined, I delt with a gentleman named Martin. I sold it to him at a much higher %of spot than what you posted and the deal went very well. Just make sure the quality is high. May not hurt to run it again. set your melting dish in a piece of insulation so you get a good hot melt. Make your product look good!
Good luck!
artart47

Edit. I'm sorry! I was trying to read without my glasses at the coffee counter. Some how It was in my head that the refiner was giving him 95% spot! Thanks for pointing out my error!
artart47

Does it get much higher than 99% of spot on a button that's just an ounce or so?

I think he got a good deal, especially if they didn't melt it and lose a few grams!

Latest posts

Back