18k Maybe?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilost

I have a test kit with JSP test acids, used it and I am still not sure if this is plated or not. 18k still has some residual line but the green tarnish makes me think plate. This is a watch band from a late 50s early 60s Bucherer Incablok Green Dial Ladies watch any advice or thoughts would be awesome. Thank you all. Ps watch still functions. 20240106_135604.jpg 20240106_135906.jpg

I have a test kit with JSP test acids, used it and I am still not sure if this is plated or not. 18k still has some residual line but the green tarnish makes me think plate. This is a watch band from a late 50s early 60s Bucherer Incablok Green Dial Ladies watch any advice or thoughts would be awesome. Thank you all. Ps watch still functions. View attachment 60984 View attachment 60983
Also if I put this in the wrong place, sorry, still new to this forum.

Google is your friend. If you had googled, what the stamps says, you would have known. So off you go, to google, and check it up your self. A hint is the top stamp.

And some rudimentary knowledge of non English languages
Google is your friend. If you had googled, what the stamps says, you would have known. So off you go, to google, and check it up your self. A hint is the top stamp.

Wish I would have thought to Google before I decided to post. Seeing this is my first interaction. With you, I'll take your condisention as jest. tal vez siendo un mod podrías ser más útil. أو ربما يكون ذلك في طبيعتك فقط für jemanden, den man gerade erst kennengelernt hat, ein Scheißkerl sein peut-être que je serai banni pour cette réponse, mais vous supposez que je le justifiais.

Edit by moderator to fix quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I would have thought to Google before I decided to post. Seeing this is my first interaction. With you, I'll take your condisention as jest. tal vez siendo un mod podrías ser más útil. أو ربما يكون ذلك في طبيعتك فقط für jemanden, den man gerade erst kennengelernt hat, ein Scheißkerl sein peut-être que je serai banni pour cette réponse, mais vous supposez que je le justifiais.

Edit by moderator to fix quote.
Your stay will be short if you continue down this path.
My comment was in no way condescending or done with malice.
In the contrary just a hint that sometimes you will see things better by taking a step back.

I speak relatively well Deutsch and English, the Latin languages not so well, but you did not impress anyone with your stunt.
We do not utilize a tone and language like this in this forum , period.
So watch it mate.

I have a test kit with JSP test acids, used it and I am still not sure if this is plated or not. 18k still has some residual line but the green tarnish makes me think plate. This is a watch band from a late 50s early 60s Bucherer Incablok Green Dial Ladies watch any advice or thoughts would be awesome. Thank you all. Ps watch still functions. View attachment 60984 View attachment 60983
You are correct, the marking underlines that.

Back