Borax is stealing my gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jberger8

As a jeweler, discovering that using borax is inadvertently leading to gold loss is truly disheartening. Despite its minimal impact, the realization weighs heavily on me, knowing that even the slightest loss is significant. However, this revelation has spurred me to seek out a superior alternative. Introducing a groundbreaking new formula, MB Formula, designed to outperform borax in every aspect. Its efficacy not only preserves gold but enhances the overall quality of the jewelry-making process, ensuring both precision and integrity in every piece crafted.

This is the product. It’s definitely a AHA moment!

Flux name:
mb-formula-melting-flux

Edited by moderator to remove link.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a jeweler, discovering that using borax is inadvertently leading to gold loss is truly disheartening. Despite its minimal impact, the realization weighs heavily on me, knowing that even the slightest loss is significant. However, this revelation has spurred me to seek out a superior alternative. Introducing a groundbreaking new formula, MB Formula, designed to outperform borax in every aspect. Its efficacy not only preserves gold but enhances the overall quality of the jewelry-making process, ensuring both precision and integrity in every piece crafted.

This is the product. It’s definitely a AHA moment!

https://suppliesforjewelers.com/products/mb-formula-melting-flux
You are getting very close to being banned.
This is the refining section and not for sale or business.

Sorry in the problem the link? Didn’t mean to stir anything up
We have sections for sale, trade and business.
This is discussions on gold refining.
Anyway you are wrong about your claims, no flux will ever "steal" your Gold.
Thick fluxes may hold on to your Gold.
Dirty Gold will also be harder to get to coalesce than pure Gold.
Borax are not needed to melt pure Gold anyway.

Introducing a groundbreaking new formula, MB Formula, designed to outperform borax in every aspect. Its efficacy not only preserves gold but enhances the overall quality of the jewelry-making process, ensuring both precision and integrity in every piece crafted.
Even your website, which you posted in the wrong place, says it’s 60 year old technology. How does that equate to groundbreaking new formula?
You are treading on thin ice here.

MB Melting Flux has been around for most of my 60+ years. Nothing new. The formula is not even proprietary.

Each iteration over the decades has been based on a very old flux formula of Borax, Soda Ash, and Flurospar. Ever now and then the formula is tweaked a bit, but the basics are the same. Take the product from a few decades ago, and compare it to today, and I would presume that flurospar has gone up or down by up to 2%.

This flux may be useful to small jewelers when making casting alloy. Especially beginners and those who adhere strictly to what they were taught. It is useless to experienced refiners of precious metals.

That is what my stroke addled brain remembers, anyway.

Time for more coffee.

Doesn’t seem to affect your ability to recall flux makeup. That’s a good sign! I hope your recovery is steady and quick!
My post stroke normal settled in about 11 years ago. Everything on top of that is just aging.

Time for more coffee.

Back