Can this be refined?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindowitz

I've acquired gold lump and gold stone with shards of crystal diamonds rubies ect in an old refinery. Some pieces are bronze however some are just diamonds. I have found arguably gold pieces but they've caked, fluffed, or even solidified. I'm posting several rock types to see if you believe them to be meltable, bare with us.

Edited by moderator to remove bold text.
Also reverted back to original text, it is not allowed to change a text without warning of edit.
It breaks the integrity of subsequent replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
but i really am checking the quality. I have a smelter but still need items for it. Gold is a tricky thing to deal with but it's also a necessity to make payments that not everyone can handle. Yet I'm willing to make sales. Even on old stones. However the rocks are refined and do not have their natural shape. Are they ruined?

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_211216.jpg
    IMG_20230808_211216.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've acquired gold lump and gold stone with shards of crystal diamonds rubies ect in an old refinery. Some pieces are bronze however some are just diamonds. I have found arguably gold pieces but they've caked, fluffed, or even solidified. I'm posting several rock types to see if you believe them to be meltable, bare with us.
First of all drop the bold text, it is like shouting and used solely to emphasize things.
Next ores, rocks and minerals are very hard or next to impossible to identify on pictures.
So what I see is a rock and then some more rocks.
If you expect it to have Gold in it, crush it to a fine powder and pan it.
If there is Gold it should be visible.

They might have been entirely spongy or even filled with slivers. It's an old pit of rocks and they would cover them with gold copper ect. IF you ask questions about where they are id be willing to make trades, sell or risk getting stolen from but i really am checkingvtgeir quality. I have a smelter but still need items for it. Gold is a tricky thing to deal with but it's also a necessity to make payments that not everyone can handle. Yet I'm willing to make sales. Even on old stones. However the rocks are refined and do not have their natural shape. Are they ruined?
The rocks are not refined, and can not be refined.
If something is refined it has been purified and separated.
They are eroded by rivers, shores or what not as far as I can see.

First of all drop the bold text, it is like shouting and used solely to emphasize things.
Next ores, rocks and minerals are very hard or next to impossible to identify on pictures.
So what I see is a rock and then some more rocks.
If you expect it to have Gold in it, crush it to a fine powder and pan it.
If there is Gold it should be visible.
Appreciate it

Off topic: These "what's in my rock posts" really generate a lot of advertisement views.
Which I feel has increased a lot lately. I have a feeling the commercialization of this forum has contributed to that.
is this forum pushing / paying for top of the list google search results to get more income? I know you don't have to read it all, but some do.. like moderators. Who don't really need to be overloaded with such static imo.

Back on topic:
Another rock post that will keep repeating the same advice spread out over ten pages.

No, it's a rock, not a nugget.

Crush and pan or assay.

This message will be repeated over and over until you actually do it, or give up believing in miracles. i don't mean to sound harsh, but realistic.

Then the most important part:
it is a river rock. That could have travelled 1000 miles from it's source.
An assay is a waste of time on a river rock, unless you intend to track down the source somewhere along the current and ancient river runs and glacial deposits that led to your find location.
Crushing and panning will tell you if there is any free gold in it or something else of value, but then it still is the one rock.
One rock of very rich ore (... grams per ton of ore) will result in a net value of "not worth your time" except to satisfy your curiousity if fishing is not your thing to spend time on. Or to know if it worth chasing miles upstream.

Martijn.

Back