Crystalline gold rock?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorrisTheProspecter

I’m wondering if anybody has ever come across something like this? I’ve never seen anything like it. I found it in Arizona on some land I had permission to prospect. It seems to me that liquid gold running with lava made its way through this rock and ended up building up k on n the bottom before cooling and hardening. It seems to be a geode type rock with crystalline gold on Is this something rare? Any recommendations on where to get it looked at and tested?

Another rock.

An assay will tell.

It looks like iron oxide stained pockets of quartz, so it has some minerals in there like pyrite.

Did you crush and pan some?

The crystal deposits remind me of what you find in caves, where more soluble minerals dissolve in water concentrate and deposit deeper underground to form many different formations on cave walls ceilings, and the floor...

Iron stained quartz with some mica is what it looks like to me. Tons of it here in NC. Only way to know for sure if there is any gold is to take a small sample, half a gram will do. Crush it to fine powder and dissolve in test tube of AR, then test with stannous. (Instructions in the sticky on the prospecting section for quick qualitive field testing.)

Back