FS: Canadian Silver Coins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDI Refining

I Have $114 Face Value (1967) Silver Coins

Theses either have 80/20 or 50/50 Silver content.

I'm asking 8 x Face value in CAD funds

Coins are in 25cent & 10cent form

PM If interested

Kitco buys @ a little over 5 times face value. I think you're probably a tad high in your expectations.

jamthe3 said:
Kitco buys @ a little over 5 times face value. I think you're probably a tad high in your expectations.

CAD Spot is $16.94/oz currently

$1.75 face = 32.XX grams Ag if the coins are 80/20 %
$1.75 x 8 = $14/oz , thats $2.94 under spot per ounce

That being said, I believe its a fair deal....

plus I tested a large portion of the coins w/ an xrf gun they all yeild 80/20

I'm sure you do consider it fair. Wasn't questioning your integrity at all. However, 80/20 I believe you'll find are 1966 and earlier; check your xrf gun (you might want to return it as defective) but if its on the mark, you should really check out the numismatic vatue of those coins---probably rare & worth even more than what you're asking. Also, I believe $1 face value canadian contains 23.32 grams (at least that's what the site displays.) So, that part of the equation seems to be about right; key is that word "if." Kitco buys 800 silver @ .305 / gram, and 1966 & older canadian @ .299-----That works out to about 7 times face value with it being of course in american dollars....do the currency exchange and you're pretty much there. Just send it to them would be my suggestion and actually, if you put it on Ebay you'll probably do even better.

Cheers,
John

jamthe3 said:
However, 80/20 I believe you'll find are 1966 and earlier; check your xrf gun (you might want to return it as defective) John

thanks for your input John.

Just an FYI, for anyone reading

1967 Coins were made 80/20 , at some point during the year they changed to 50/50 because the price of silver went up.

1967 was the last year for circulated AG CAD Coins

all the best,
Peter

Back