goldsilverpro

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsilverpro

In Remembrance
Moderator Emeritus
In order for you get the most benefit from the people with experience, I feel it's important that you understand our backgrounds. Not only mine but, also the backgrounds of others that provide you with reliable information, such as Harold. None of us are blowing our own horns. We just think you need to know where we stand and what info we can confidently provide you with.

When I got out of the Air Force, in 1965, I got a job in the lab doing plating bath analyses for the world's largest seller of base metal plating systems. After a couple of years, I became senior chemist for a company that was not only the world's largest seller of precious metals plating systems but, in the same facility, had the biggest gold refinery west of the Mississippi. I was chemist for both and was lucky enough to learn from the best of the best. About 5 years later, I opened a successful gold plating shop/gold refinery. After a few more years, I got bored with plating, since I felt there was nothing more to learn, and I've been in refining ever since. You never know it all in refining. In fact, you don't know what you don't know until you know a lot. My knowlege in plating is why I'm pretty good at electrolytic refining.

Here's a list of PM bearing scrap items that I made up awhile back. I've moved around a lot in my life and have ended up with unique widespread experiences. This wasn't necessarily good for me but, it is good for you, IF YOU ASK QUESTIONS. Except for the automobile scrap and hard drives, I have high volume, hands on, experience running everything on the list.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=95

You people are probably getting the best gold technology education that money can't buy on this forum. There is nothing else like it on the net. You've got to participate and ask questions, though. The other night, late, I noticed that there was only one member on the forum besides myself. I checked his profile and saw that he was in Malaysia. I once spent a lot of time scrounging gold electronic scrap in Malaysia, so I PMed him to try and get him to participate on the forum. He was a real nice guy. He said the forum was great but he was only reading. He probably didn't ask questions because of the language barrier or that he was a newbie. If your primary language isn't English, make a stab at it. We'll sort it out. There is no such thing as a dumb question. Only about 1/3 of the members participate at all. All of you are capable. I'm totally convinced that any of you could learn enough on this forum to earn a good living at it. GET INVOLVED - ASK QUESTIONS!

I've decided to up the ante for the silent newbies:

I'll provide the first 5 newbies that post a new topic with substance (valid question, interesting topic, what you want to see on the forum, etc.) a FREE pound of gold plated 30 pin headers as pictured here:

freepoundscale.jpg

freepound.jpg

The pins are in plastic housings and plated approximately 75% of the length of the pin.

Here are the rules:

1) It must be your verified first post.
2) You must PM me your contact information with address after posting.
3) You must include a link to your post for my review in the PM.
4) I will confirm the topic is a valid entry and contact you with the results of my review and shipping cost to your address. Steve K and Chris will pay shipping for US members.
:wink: 5) You must pay the actual shipping on the pound of pins to your address.
6) The first five winners will be determined by timestamps of your posts.
7) One prize per newbie.
8. If you cannot provide a valid shipping address, shipping costs within 24 hours, or proper contact information you will forfiet your prize.
9) Paypal is required for payment.
10) Payment will be made before item will ship.
11) Forfiets will forward to the next valid entry.
12) Winners names will be posted on the forum for member review.
13) You must be an existing member when this topic was posted (4/15/07, 10:52 PM CST-last eligible newbie is musielgniels)
14) Ties will be broken by the timestamp of your PM to me.
15) I reserve the right to deny prize based upon my review of your post and associated information. I will post valid reasons for any forfietures and denials to the forum.
16) Items will ship after all five prize winners are confirmed. I will ship all five prizes on the same day to save my time spent in traveling to the Post Office.

Let's get this forum moving!

Steve

How much is the cheapest form of shipping, Steve? I'll pay for all 4 if the shipping is not too high and if it's sent to an address in the U.S.

Now we need some winners. I'll PM you with the list as they PM me. It's been 45 minutes and no winners yet! Hopefully, they will spot this post, it's really low on the sections list.

Steve

Maybe post a new thread in the General Chat category and put a link to this page. You might call the thread "Contest" or "Win a Prize" or something.

Great Idea, I'll do it now.

P.S. I Steve K is going to split the shipping with you and he upped the winners from 4 to 5.

Back