Help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there was something wrong with your foot.
Would you simply send a photo of it out in the hopes some random individual might manage to work out an extremely complicated and technically intricate problem with nothing more than a blobby photo taken with a potato?
No, I do not think you would. Most people would track down a doctor who has a specialty in feet and insist he examined your foot in great detail and exhaustive tests.
Metallurgy is no less complicated and requires a similar amount of study observations and testing to come to an accurate conclusion so it bewilders me when people turn up demanding extremely complicated analyses of materials rudely and for free.
If you do not have the time and patience to educate yourself to the rudimentary level necessary to detect value you will have to pay someone who has taken the time to learn to manage the task for you.
Not a terribly complicated concept to understand.
It would be lovely to have people do lots of hard work for me but that really would be an unrealistic expectation so I do not get angry and lash out with insults when my washing up is not magically done for me overnight and I have to work hard every day to make a living.
Instead, I work hard to improve my understanding and provide a service to others that they value.
I especially enjoyed reading the words you wrote as I have quoted below. I can imagine such words blazend on a shirt or poster. Words befitting many who wish to have but not have to work.

"If you do not have the time and patience to educate yourself to the rudimentary level necessary to detect value you will have to pay someone who has taken the time to learn to manage the task for you."

Back