How to Find Electronic Scrap to Refine?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IntelligentEye

Hi everyone,
I’ve started refining electronic scraps and have run out of things I already had on hand. Searching different places on the internet I’ve found loads of scrap for sale on ebay and what not but I’m not sure how to differentiate between a good and bad deal / how to estimate the value of a listing.

I’d appreciate if anyone could give me some pointers in that area.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,
I’ve started refining electronic scraps and have run out of things I already had on hand. Searching different places on the internet I’ve found loads of scrap for sale on ebay and what not but I’m not sure how to differentiate between a good and bad deal / how to estimate the value of a listing.

I’d appreciate if anyone could give me some pointers in that area.

Thanks!
Welcome to us.

Anything and everything on Ebay and these places will cost more than you can get out of it, unless you are very lucky.
And loads of it is pure scams.

Since you seems to be processing read these links:

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Welcome to us.

Anything and everything on Ebay and these places will cost more than you can get out of it, unless you are very lucky.
And loads of it is pure scams.

Since you seems to be processing read these links:

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/
Thanks for the welcome!

I wish I knew about the copy of Hokes book on here as I just finished reading a terribly scanned copy off the internet. As for the scrap, what sort of scams should I be looking out for? It looks like buying online isn’t really a viable strategy. Are there any alternative route you can recommend?

Back