I had a little spill

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akragon

I managed to spill about 3g of gold in AR a few nights ago... i got 99% of it collected on filter paper.

Would anyone be able to tell me the best way to collect this gold?

im sure many people here have had accidents... what's the best way to recover my gold?

the gold was already dissolved in AR... i currently have 3g of gold in solution on filter paper. I was thinking boiling water might wash it out of the paper.... Not sure why i would add more AR

the gold was already dissolved in AR... i currently have 3g of gold in solution on filter paper. I was thinking boiling water might wash it out of the paper.... Not sure why i would add more AR
What is in the filter just add it to some more hot AR and simmer until it dissolves the paper.

the gold was already dissolved in AR..
Putting back into AR isn't to dissolve the gold, it's to dissolve the filter paper. Once the paper dissolves you can filter out the pulp and then drop the gold out as usual. Do not use too much water....the solution needs to remain in a low PH... if you dilute it to much the SMB may not work as well.

Back