• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Interested in buying these PC cards for more than metals value

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just asking for a friend, are there a list available for high demand chips? And might these parts also be present in very old server or telecom boards?

I will look out for this specific card that is asked for in this thread, but most of the time i find the old Flash cards in old servers.

Just asking for a friend, are there a list available for high demand chips? And might these parts also be present in very old server or telecom boards?

I will look out for this specific card that is asked for in this thread, but most of the time i find the old Flash cards in old servers.
This is not flash, but sram which is much more complicated and significantly faster than flash.
That is why it has been used as cache memory of processors.

Just a guess, your customer wants them for the TFQP and BGA 256K/512K/1M SRAM Chips, a hot item on "that" countries' shopping list.

Sure hope you know your customer. I also hope you screen any sale items against the widely available lists.
Disclaimer - I work for an electronics parts broker. Every day, 20-30 new customers with deep pockets come looking for very specialized parts.......every one on the lists. We used to fill 80% of requests, but now >80% are asking for specific, export controlled (internationally embargoed) items. It's easy for my employer to say no these days.

Please don't take this post as either political or condescending - merely looking out for all members well being.
I'm not sure which parts my customer is after or where he sends them to. He purchased several thousands of these cards from me in the past and wants more.

I don't know about the specific chips, but identifying the SRAM cars is pretty easy.

I'm not sure which parts my customer is after or where he sends them to.
This alone is worrying. With the clampdown on parts sourcing, particularly non-DIP SRAM and older, mid-speed (slower than 80nsec) DRAM, you might want to know. Older SRAM chips are used in many commercial and military devices - the dual use stuff is what bites most folks.
Add in that you solicited such in a public forum, well.....

Since this spring, we (the parts broker I work for) have lost several competitors/contemporaries to seizure of funds and systems and/or heavy fines, all for nothing. Screening takes only a few minutes, and the lists are published for the world to see and use. Any e-scrap dealer not checking is on borrowed time. BTW, even SMD MLCC's are on the lists - that's how low-level these lists are.

To be honest, with the ease of providing a scrutiny-surviving paper trail on every part, I worry more about mis-deliveries by Fedex in urban Queens NY than I do with the embargoed stuff - it's easy to say no.

Again, my only concern is that we don't bring scrutiny to the forum and that all members know to check.

Just a guess, your customer wants them for the TFQP and BGA 256K/512K/1M SRAM Chips, a hot item on "that" countries' shopping list.

Sure hope you know your customer. I also hope you screen any sale items against the widely available lists.
Disclaimer - I work for an electronics parts broker. Every day, 20-30 new customers with deep pockets come looking for very specialized parts.......every one on the lists. We used to fill 80% of requests, but now >80% are asking for specific, export controlled (internationally embargoed) items. It's easy for my employer to say no these days.

Please don't take this post as either political or condescending - merely looking out for all members well being.
Where is there such lists of items and countries?

CF and the contained ICs is old tech, is it possible that such tech is on any kind of embargo list?

edited to remove political statements - FrugalRefiner

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is there such lists of items and countries?

CF and the contained ICs is old tech, is it possible that such tech is on any kind of embargo list?

edited to remove political statements - FrugalRefiner
SImple. BIS Controls, 15 CFR part 764, and ALL supplements. (Downloadable from BIS - https://www.bis.doc.gov/ )
Note that specifics are released periodically, and you may have to subscribe to some commercial service (we do, I get an email with prohibited items by part number each day from the bosses) - but for the most part, Supplement 4 of part 764 is all most folks need. If an item falls into an embargoed category, YOU BETTER KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER and don't sell without knowing the end use - and get that IN WRITING. Selling to a middle man can land you into even bigger trouble - now they have a conspiracy of two or more violators. Easy prey.
Germane to the OP's post, the ENTIRE HST (Harmonized Tariff code) 854232 "MEMORIES, ELECTRONIC INTEGRATED CIRCUITS." is embargoed, meaning don't sell to unknown entities, and know your customer's use/resale BEFORE you deal. "I don't know" or "I didn't know" is dangerous - too many folks losing their assets and funds these days in dealing with embargoed goods.
Like I said in a previous post, this only applies to US-based individuals and businesses, but my advice is the same: KNOW your customer!

As to old technology, that is what most entities on the embargo lists have - and they need maintenance parts, hence the specific item lists.

BTW, GRF is already on BIS' radar - a few years back, a member was looking to buy COMSEC material (a very specific circuit card....) and they were alerted. With such scrutiny and folks making generous offers above market value, well, you draw your own conclusions....

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to remind you that I'm still looking for these or similar SRAM PCMCIA (PC) Cards.

sram (1).jpg

They are watching for this. Especially since someone has determined that export controls were being violated. Now is not the time to say I didn’t know. The powers that be don’t care that you didn’t know and they don’t care about it costing so much to feed you for a decade. They will have no hesitation to put you in a box and feed you with a slingshot. Im speaking from the heart on this one.

Don't want to get political and feel free to remove this if it is. And I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run their business. Just a heads up.
Russia is having difficulty buying chips do to sanctions. So they are buying up used items from around the world. And stripping the parts they want.

Don't want to get political and feel free to remove this if it is. And I'm not trying to tell anyone how to run their business. Just a heads up.
Russia is having difficulty buying chips do to sanctions. So they are buying up used items from around the world. And stripping the parts they want.
Just a question, this are old items, do they have anything of interest inside, in respect to use in modern utilities at all?

Just a question, this are old items, do they have anything of interest inside, in respect to use in modern utilities at all?
Don't know any specifics. But much of Russia's weapons are from the 80's and 90's. Actually some of their systems go back to the 70's. So most anything might prove to be of use to them.

SRAM needs a battery to sustain the data.
I have some flash memory PC cards here and some modems (not on photo). So no SRAM. Now that I fumbled them from my drawer (I used that stuff for my Compaq Ipaq Mini PCs around 1999, the first real smartphone with touchscreen BEFORE the Apple iPhone 1 came out.) I post the photo. If anyone is need one day, DM me.

The upper one seems to be from an outdated digital camera. So no PC Card.

20240112_005235.jpg

20240112_005248.jpg

SRAM needs a battery to sustain the data.
I have some flash memory PC cards here and some modems (not on photo). So no SRAM. Now that I fumbled them from my drawer (I used that stuff for my Compaq Ipaq Mini PCs around 1999, the first real smartphone with touchscreen BEFORE the Apple iPhone 1 came out.) I post the photo. If anyone is need one day, DM me.

The upper one seems to be from an outdated digital camera. So no PC Card.

View attachment 61122

View attachment 61123
Sorry, interested in SRAM cards only.

Last edited:
I know I have a bunch of the SRAM cards. But you have not given us an Idea of what you are willing to pay.
TY Joe
Depends on the quantity and memory size. I'm interested in 50+ pcs quantities. Please, post the images of what you have here or PM them to me.

Don't know any specifics. But much of Russia's weapons are from the 80's and 90's. Actually some of their systems go back to the 70's. So most anything might prove to be of use to them.
There is a thing on a Tube clip showing a captured Orlan Observation Drone (I think it was). with a card that looked like these items refereed too, connected to a common looking digital camera.
The actual clip showed the surveillance falling on parachute with a "bounce balloon deployed" and then goes to short clip of what is inside. The clip was uploaded in last few days by someone who's title included military and history, but I can't remember actual name because until I saw this thread I thought it was just more fake click bait from someone trying to earn Tube cash
Time will tell where the truth is I suppose,
I certainly will make sure none of these leave my possession in original configuration
Interesting co-incidence.

Hello Everyone,

I’m still looking for these PCMCIA (PC) SRAM Cards.
Please, PM know if you have any.

sram (1).jpg

Back