Introduction to ScotGold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScotGoldSL

Hi

I'm Sam a Scot based in Sierra Leone West Africa who's preparing a business plan for a small scale Gold refinery in the country.

My background is actually in project management however an opportunity has presented itself in SL after living in the beautiful country for the past 4 years.

I joined this forum primarily to link with like-minded individuals who love to learn and possibly earn at the same time.

I am putting together my wishlist for setting up a small scale refinery in SL which will be reading alluvial gold that will be predominantly pure gold at the point at which it is brought to the proposed refinery. The refinery will be used to refine alluvial gold from the proposed buying office in the provinces, store gold till ready to export to possibly UAE.

I have my eye on the following pieces of equipment for refinery set up:

- VIP Induction Furnace
- Digital Scales
- Melting furnace, crucible and tongs
- Generator (standby)
- Computer and accounting software
- Moulds
- Safe
- XRF Handheld analyzer

I would appreciate your thoughts on my wishlist and what I may have not considered. I don't own a mine but have created fantastic contacts with serious stakeholders in SL such as miners, paramount chiefs and agents. I think the refinery should expect to process about 3-6 kg gold per month with potential to increase in year 2 of trading.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you have enough finance to buy the gold , I believe you will need based on your projected figures between $420,000 to $840,000 to keep running , I will also point out that the first thing you need is good security and I mean good security , including personal protection , if you are sitting on that much cash or gold.

Back