Nasty Nugget Item number: 230244142399

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rag and Bone

Pure Gold Nugget from Computer Scrap 11.3 grams Item number: 230244142399

Found this on Ebay. What would cause a gold button to take on such a nasty form? What caused the off-colored patches? If I produced that I would be ashamed and start over. No surprise it has attracted vigorous interest and bids. He claims it is 22k+. What do the experts say about it's likely karat?

This guy is also a merchant of Shor products. Is this the best they can do?

I bought something from him in the past two year if I remember correctly.

Sapunov it right, the borax weight is included in the total weight.

The purple thing is colloidal gold.

He can't state that his gold is pure if it is 22k...

And if I was a potential buyer, I would like to know how he tested his gold to know it's 22k...

From the processes ive seen on this forum, any one who actually knows what they are doign should be able to get better than 22k... :wink:
Of course, people will see the word gold and bid like crazy haha

Well the boras is purple so it does contain gold :lol: I bet you could mix some borax and fine gold and sell it on ebay as a gold bearing substace that "if you know how to process" you can get gold from and people would bid like crazy, I can not believe it.

If you melt gold with the butane (not even propane bytane mixture) burner you will likely get something orelike looking.
I never sold or bought anything myself on the ebay cause sometimes it is not properly melted. Just take a brick, some gold powder and try melting it with borax and butane burner.You will get the orelike nugget. If you get, let's say, 10 gramms after this procedure and then you melt it properly you will get only about 7,5-6 gramms most.
Though it looks beautiful and it's up to everyone personally to decide why do you buy it. If it's cause you want to put it on the shelf and look at the gold before you go to sleep :lol: it's ok, but for other purposes i wouldn't buy it.

I provide mechanical, ie refrigeration, electrical repairs to the elderly for
free, my ethics are okay. Maybe my jokes don't go so good though.

Back