Overdue introduction..

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuMINIMayhem

Well, I just found this section and I've been bugging everyone for info on how to do this or that, etc. I figure it'd only be fair if I introduced myself to you all.

My name's Derek. I was born and raised in Orlando, but moved to New Hampshire in the winter of 2002 to pursue a career in the defense industry. I started in the company in their mail room, since I didn't have degree or experience. I worked very hard and was able to move over to their operations group and landed on some pretty exciting programs. Thi was what I wanted to do, actually build things that are helping save the guys who are out there protecting us (not going to get into a political debate, I just said out there and protecting us, not referring to any particular event happening now or recently or whether or not we should be involved, so please don't judge me.. ;) ). The Line of Business I work for does not build weapons of any kind it is strictly counter-measures and such that are for protecting the soldiers/airmen, etc.

Prior to that I was a dog-trainer. I trained dogs of all skill levels and sizes from the typical Lab who doesn't know when to stop pulling on his/her leash, to military style protection/tracking, etc. I also worked in retail for many many moons.

I have been a techno DJ, playing at clubs ranging from 50 or so people to events that hosted thousands, up and down the eastern seaboard (including Canada). I also play bass and enjoy a very ecletic range of music, although my knick-name from my MINI Cooper club might lead yout to believe I'm strictly a "metal head". That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Anyways, I'm glad I stumbled on this site.. it's definately a great resource and I can tell this is a really good group of people from all over.. It's a pleasure to chat with you all!

Derek

If you'd like to put a face with the name or learn a little more about who I am or whatever, you can check my myspace page.. althought it is a bit limited..

http://www.myspace.com/metalminimayhem

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank You for your service to our Country and those that Defend it.

You have my permission to tell any naysayers to come down off the cross -- build a bridge to get over it.

AgAuPtRh

Noxx.. funny thing.. I have absolutely no idea how I found the link. I know that day I was completely frustrated and trying to find info on gold recovery/refining and did a bunch of google searching.. I found the link posted in a thread on a different forum, but not sure where.. *scratches head* can't say really, but I'm glad I did find it! :D

Thanks Agua.. but don't thank me, thank our boys out in the field ;) I just work for a company whose mission statement is to "protect those who protect us". It's very satisfying work and even better when you know that something you put together with your hands is directly resposible for saving them and their platform(s).

Back