Removal

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Grevan

Can somebody please tell me in layman's terms how to remove gold from China the easiest and simplest way without all these abbreviations of HCL a r s m b and all that crap help

That's the best answer that you are going to get, if you will not take the time to learn about each chemical needed you will not know the dangers of each one and you will end up hurting yourself, your family, neighbors ect.
With that being said do yourself and everyone around you a favor and learn before you go putting stuff in acid.

The more you study the faster you pick up on the “abbreviations”. Some of the chemical names are so long it becomes easier to use them. Some posts that go in-depth to describe reactions just the words hydrochloric acid alone versus HCl could save much time and space. These shortened terms are the easiest thing to pick up on in refining. They do become easier to the point that I often can not recall a few minutes after reading some posts if the full word or the abbreviation was used. Just keep reading and soon you can pick it up as well.

Can somebody please tell me in layman's terms how to remove gold from China the easiest and simplest way without all these abbreviations of HCL a r s m b and all that crap help
This is a multi faceted subject.
We strive to keep a clear and concise language since we have members that have to use translators.
At the same time we use the accepted and approved abbreviations for chemical terms, admittedly some may have originated in this forum.

Here is something to study get you up and running.

We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: Screen Readable Copy of Hoke's Book
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: Safety
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: Dealing with Waste

Suggested reading: The Library

The simple answer is deadly Cyanide. Hope this helps. Are you ready to handle this extremely poisonous stuff, without knowing what you are doing? Exposing yourself, possibly family members and pets to a potential death? Please read all the required literature many times before you attempt this. You will only get 1 chance to do it correctly.

Hmm, I noticed you did not get an answer to your actual question.
And simply said, you will not be able to strip it from the China economically, you will always come out short, unless you have literally tons of it.
Then maybe or maybe not.

And as Goldshark said then the solution is Cyanide which do not forgive if you make a mistake.

The simple answer is deadly Cyanide. Hope this helps. Are you ready to handle this extremely poisonous stuff, without knowing what you are doing? Exposing yourself, possibly family members and pets to a potential death? Please read all the required literature many times before you attempt this. You will only get 1 chance to do it correctly.
Mercury is another one that you can mishandle and poison yourself.

Perhaps the easiest way to remove Gold from China, is to dissolve it in your choice of chemicals, put it into a 5 gallon gas can, and drive it across the border. The customs agents would be looking for bars, nuggets, coins, dust, or some other form of metal. You could add a little gasoline, which would float on top, giving the perception of gasoline. Get it across the border, to country of choice, then drop it out of solution. Hope this answers your question about how to remove Gold from China.

dishes are absolutely a waste of time - hcl + bleach will strip in second but there is so little gold you will spend double in chemicals. I've done large batches for people who asked in the past with them present just so they would stop asking me and buying gold plated dishes.

you are talking a couple cents per plate - sell the plate as a plate its worth more than the gold.

There are actually 2 issues with this thread, first the OP has stated a minimal interest in learning the process, he just wants easy.

Second is some gold foils are beneath a glaze which prevents simply leaching off the foil. And even if the foils etched easily, it is estimated that a gram of gold will make approximately one square meter of gold foil. If the OP were to calculate the actual surface area of the gold on the plates he has, it likely represents the foils of a fraction of 1 gram.

What a sad day it would be if the OP had to actually learn something and apply it only to find out his efforts were not worth it!

In the simplest form, pay someone else to do it. You’re still not going to make anything dollar wise, and you still won’t learn anything. But it is the easiest and simplest way to do it.

In the simplest form, pay someone else to do it. You’re still not going to make anything dollar wise, and you still won’t learn anything. But it is the easiest and simplest way to do it.
Even simpler, sell them on eBay if they are old they are probably worth more than the gold.

Visible gold suckers in the majority of refiners. True on e-scrap and dinnerware with gold trim too.

Back