Trophy

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobinyt

Supporting Member
Don't where to put this...so here goes. There's a lil bell icon in the upper right of my screen and there was a number beside it. I took alook. There were messages, one of which said "You have been awarded a trophy". I have no idea of the meaning or implications: a forum search for 'trophy' reveals nothing relevant. I hope my trophy isn't the equivalent of that sweet old southern lady that said to me "Bless your lil heart".

It’s no big deal. Mainly to acknowledge new users or even for long time users if they used some particular feature of the forum for the first time.

Oh, just like grade school. I got a gold star there - once. Now, 70 years later, a trophy - just for enjoying myself. Yee ha!
We had small silver, large silver, little gold and large gold stars then i was little. I can not understand why its not used here in GRF. It would fit prefectly. Perhaps with more noble metals as well. I do not say I want a Rhodium galaxy but it would be nice to have the chance to get a little palladium star. You never grow up when it comes to such things...

Everybody gets a participation medal! 🤣

It’s pretty common actually, I’ve run into it on other forums before. Sometimes it’s tied into using certain features for new users, like they have to make a certain number of comments to get to another level before they can create a new post. That sort of thing.

Back