Where/Whom can I sell100-200 old cell phones to?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakcelln

I used to have a smelter out of Florida, but he closed shop. I owned a cell phone company for 21yrs that closed in 2016. I have hundreds of old cell phones dating back to late 90's and early 2k, up until 2016. I am looking for someone that will pay me by the lb for these phones. What is the going rate and where can i look at bids from reputable companies? Please bump this to right thread if this is the wrong one. Thanx!

I used to have a smelter out of Florida, but he closed shop. I owned a cell phone company for 21yrs that closed in 2016. I have hundreds of old cell phones dating back to late 90's and early 2k, up until 2016. I am looking for someone that will pay me by the lb for these phones. What is the going rate and where can i look at bids from reputable companies? Please bump this to right thread if this is the wrong one. Thanx!

Have you tried Boardsort.com

Hi, what type of phones do you have, some older models especially Ericsson, Motorola and Nokia phones are collectable items, and you can sell them at a really good price, if you have the original box and accessories.
Don`t rush with selling it by the lb. check the collectible value first.

Pete

Boardsort.com is currently $5.00/lb. for the older style. Be sure and remove the batteries/back part so they don’t deduct, besides they take up weight and space. I recently turned in a bunch of miscellaneous batteries from laptops and phones, etc. to Lowe’s. They have a free drop off kiosk by front door usually. Tape the connector part and/or bag them. They have little bags.

Several years ago I used to sell laptop batteries for $1.24 a Lbs at cashforcomputerscrap, but they have long stopped buying them at a profitable price.

So, maybe I'll swing by Lowes and recycle the one's a have.

I know where to purchase used phones; perhaps it's worth contacting them. Since they sell used phones, they might also buy them from customers, right? You can check out https://usedmobiles4u.co.uk/; it's a decent shop where I got my last iPhone 13 from, and I have zero complaints.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back