Would refiners buy electronics gold?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smitty

Would the gold we hobbyist on this website have be considered 995+ quality gold or treated like bench sweeps melted into a nugget?

Would any of the refining businesses be willing to buy the button we have as 22k or better without Karat markings?

My interest was to sell 3 oz of recovered gold to a local refining business but not sure if they would be willing to take it unmarked.

Most refiners will buy in button,or bullion form.
They will assay and pay for the fine gold content.
Depending on the quality they usually refine it then
do an assay. As long as you have done a reasonable
job refining,they don't care where it came from.
Most of the high end refiners just don't work with
electrical scrap,or ore,but will buy buttons,bars,and
other processed forms.

Sure,

See my previous post.

ARA and thebuyers.com will both buy it at 98% of spot. I sell 9 and 10 karat scrap all the time. The purity doesn't matter to any refiner. They smelt your gold, do an assay on the dore, pay you 98% and fast.

I'm getting a lot done at thebuyers in a few days myself. They are close to me.

Pawnbroker Bob

Thanks bob and sawmill , I was more worried about the fact that ARA might not accept the gold without an assay when it came to unidentified buttons of questionable quality, meaning not marked like jewelry. So I'm guessing they will weigh the gold after refining and then cut the check based on the final weight then. thnx fellas.

I know a lot of places will not even smelt the gold from individual batchs but will instead (i.e. for jewelry) just pay based on estimated purity and so their refining in larger combined batches as it saves them time and money. Specialty ones like ARA may do each batch though... I have 2oz of 10 and 14k jewelry to send to them this week since I told myself I would when gold went over 900 again :p

Back