butyl diglyme

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platinum01786

Hi Guys,

ive had a read around and to achieve 4N in the first refine, it looks like we must use butyl diglyme in order to achieve this but the information that's currently available to how refine using this isnt very clear for novices like me.
what i would like to know is after the gold has been dissolved in aqua regia. What are the next steps and at what point is the butyl diglyme used, how much of it is used and for how long it should be used for?

id be thankfull for any light on this

thanks

Achieving four nines can often be a matter of technique more so than the chemicals used. The buyer I use XRF's all gold before buying and pays a better price for four nines than he does three nines. Over the past few years I have sold him several buttons that reached four nines with the first refine. Over the past few years I have never sold him anything that was less than four nines (by his accepted method of testing purity). If he is happy, then I am happy. I have never used butyl diglyme although I would like to, just to know how.

Bdg at 180F separates gold chloride from platinum and palladium. The extract is washed with HCl 5% from other metals contaminants. Then dropping with oxalic acid. Good luck

Lino1406 said:
Bdg at 180F separates gold chloride from platinum and palladium. The extract is washed with HCl 5% from other metals contaminants. Then dropping with oxalic acid. Good luck

Can you explain the mechanism for that selectivity, normal such similar compounds are soluble in the same solvents?

AuCl4 - has of course the lowest charge to size ratio vs. PdCl4=, PtCl4=, PtCl6=. This gives it priority in polarization so it has the required polarization needed for passing from aqueous to Bdg phase - that what mother nature created

Latest posts

Back