I'm searching for an Catalytic Converters Catalog.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razvanflorin

Hi ! First i wanna say Thanks you to all peoples that helped me before and have read my topics.
As usually i came back with a new request.
This time i'm searching for an Catalytic Converters Catalog( Yield List )
preferably in a pdf format.
Something like the Russian Yield list.
I Have attached a photo as an example. :)
Thanks you in advance . :arrow: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 237
There was one posted on the forum some years ago but I believe it was removed as it was posted without permission of whoever owned it, it would be out of date as newer cars would not be included.
You will probably struggle to get a new list as the cost of all those assays is prohibitive, maybe try the car manufacturers and find their original specs for the cats, another idea is search for large cat buyers and see what they are paying, if you have volume they will offer good prices to keep their refiners happy.

Here's 3 from my files. I have no idea how accurate they are. In the second one, I have no idea what the numbers mean.

Attachments

• cat size bought.pdf
    9 MB · Views: 65
  • Catalogue PGM.pdf
    9.5 MB · Views: 82
  • Catalogue Weight.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
goldsilverpro said:
Here's 3 from my files. I have no idea how accurate they are. In the second one, I have no idea what the numbers mean.
Thanks you very much ! :mrgreen:

I'm looking for More others :) i think it will be really helpfully for the members of this community if we will collect some more files like this :)

razvanflorin said:
i think it will be really helpfully for the members of this community if we will collect some more files like this :)
Actually, most members gave up on the idea of processing cats for profit a few years ago for several reasons:

1. You will never achieve complete recovery by wet chemical means. As Lou has mentioned recently, you'll need to spend millions of dollars on capital equipment to recover 90+ percent of the platinum and palladium, and only 70 to mid 80s of the rhodium Method for leeching using hcl+ h202.

2. The cat market is very competitive. The buyers who buy most of them pay more than the value you can likely recover.

3. The platinum group metal salts are very toxic and very dangerous, especially platinum itself. We have had at least a couple of members who had to abandon refining them due to sensitization.

Dave

Very good points Dave!

I would like to add the following, it's harder and harder to get good yielding material. Older and exotic cats are harder to find by the day. The new cats on new cars are low very low yield.

In summary, unless you have contracts for other supported catalysts...don't consider the recovery and refining as a business proposition.

Back