Update your Hokes Refining Precious Metal Wastes Here.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Page 89 is missing from the original file, and has since been fixed.

Let me know if there are anymore pages missing, I'll fix em.

http://tinyurl.com/3h85c3

Best Regards
Gustavus

Gustavas, It's great what you are doing, Trust me i have no problem with it what soever. But we can't include the forum link in any way what soever in the Pdf.

It can not be endorsed by the forum without excepting legal liability.
That was the reason for moving the file offsite.

What to do, what to do. :?

Do we have a real Lawyer in the house, perhaps we should take a poll. The offending page is attached below. Should it stay or go.

Hmmm from what I read, I think we could define ourselves as an educational site.

Read Fair Use. None of us getting rich from this hobby.

There is room for debate in Hokes wittings, pouring waste metals down the drain, using gasoline for incineration. There is also plenty to learn from her writings.

To make proper use of her book we have to analyze the book for the times it were intended then advise our members the proper use of the described procedures within as would be applied today.

In my introduction page yes a link to the forum, believe it or not were an educational site where folks learn the art of refining precious metals.

In that page I also included ( Not For Resale ).

We purchased these books as a group , those that could afford too made a donation. As a forum member I donated my time scanning the book

I had my ebay search programed to inform me when ever a Hoke's book came to auction. In the last eight months (2).

I have mine offered for sale in the forum, no takers.

Guesswein informed me they had not sold this tittle in the last two years.

Fair Use

What is "fair use"?
Fair use is an exception to the exclusive protection of copyright under American law. It permits certain limited uses without permission from the author or owner. Depending on the circumstances, copying may be considered "fair" for the purpose of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship or research.

To determine whether a specific use under one of these categories is "fair," courts are required to consider the following factors:

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole (is it long or short in length, that is, are you copying the entire work, as you might with an image, or just part as you might with a long novel); and
4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

ttys
Gill

Just so there's no confusion with the new revision (the one containing pg. 89).

The order I found is pg: 87/89/88/90.

Shaul

Shaul said:
Just so there's no confusion with the new revision (the one containing pg. 89).

The order I found is pg: 87/88/89/90.

Shaul

The order has been corrected - 87, 88, 88, 90 thank you for your patience.

Page 62 or 63 :shock:

:?: :?: :?:

He swapped them for page 89 :p :p

Recalll !!! Recall !!!!

You should have 369 pages! Your missing page is there, just not numbered.

My pages go

- numbered 61
- un-numbered 62 (Ending with two rows of stars)
- numbered 64 (Starting with "material had been. ...")

I think it is a page of "questions and answers" that is missing.

(I have 369 pages)

Have you considered adding "version numbers" to the first page? It would make it much easier to make sure people had the latest version (and would not be bitching over a corrected error)

Great work!
Thanks!

Peter

Thanks Peter I see it now page 62 missing 63 is incomplete.

No I hadn't thought of adding a version number to the first page, I renamed the file ending with GenX, never thought I would be making so many corrections.

Looks like I'm competing with MS for bandwidth, with all my updates.

Now Vista on the laptop needs a fix I'm getting a runtime error " toshiba flash cards has stopped working " and the OCR application will not work. Will try to sort both problems out over the weekend.

ttys
Gustavus

Latest posts

Back