About RAM Chips

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinster888

After reviewing the videos at goldrecovery.us I am left with many questions. I will try and ask the question is the easiest way I know how. They will also be one at a time so I can ingest all of the information in an orderly process. Here goes: After removing the solder mask from RAM chips would I be able to process them in the same way as the "Dissolving Foils" video? It would seem to me to be the same process. I am experimenting with one chip at a time to try and get the processes to make some sense to me. I do have technical and mechanical skills, It is just that some steps are a little hazy since this is my first time.

Unless you have the experience and the setup to recover from large quantities. You should just remove the fingers, process them and try and sell the rest of the ram chip.

Are we talking about Ram chips or Ram sticks? I cant see solder mask on Ram chip and I cant see it may be treated in AP. It has to be milled first.

Sorry, I meant sticks. It does appear that AP does strip them. I tested with a stick last night. Thing is the method strips the sticks entirely. Literally entirely. The only thing left on the stick is the brown background color. This leads to contaminated material. :cry:

Vinster888 said:
Sorry, I meant sticks. It does appear that AP does strip them. I tested with a stick last night. Thing is the method strips the sticks entirely. Literally entirely. The only thing left on the stick is the brown background color. This leads to contaminated material. :cry:

If you used too much peroxide your gold might be in your solution.

If you used higher concentration of peroxide to HCL your gold could be in your solution.

If you heated your solution your gold could be in your solution.

Have you tested your solution for PM's?

you would definitely want to break the fingers off the memory stick and sell the rest like barren said. Putting the entire stick in is asking for all kinds of nasty contamination from the solder and all the tiny SMDs. This will lead to problems down the road. Have you read Hoke's book yet.

Latest posts

Back