Acid resistant air stone for AP

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobleMetalWorks

I am looking to upgrade my AP process, so instead of an air line with a plug in the end and small holes, I am looking for an inexpensive air stone that will not break down in acid.

I found this one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40mm-Diamet...227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f19a5742b

It states in the auction:

Fish Tank Air Stone can also be chemically cleaned without the risk of damaging the stone.

I thought I would buy a few and try it out to see what happens. Does anyone know if this will work, or know of another inexpensive solution to do the same?

Thanks

Scott

I bought mine at Wal-Mart more than a year ago and it's still going! "AQUA CULTURE" is the brand.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Culture-Bubble-Aquarium-Stone-1-ct/10532630

Phil

i use the exact same one. i bought two and one disintegrated. the stone turned into blue sand, so i bought another. the second one has held up now for over a year. not sure what the difference was or why the first one came apart but it appears to be something in the individual pieces. i believe thats why some people say they wont work and others say they will.

Hi Mario!

This is my "agitation set-up"... :lol:
One of these days I'll get me a more fancier one, because I do need one.

Phil

Attachments

• e-scrap 006.JPG
    e-scrap 006.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 323
I really do, Bro, I really do! Just wish I learned all of this years ago...

Thank you again to you all at Gold Refining Forum!!! 8)

Phil

NoIdea said:
Anyone tried pumice?

Deano

Pumice? Doesn't pumice float?

I went out and bought ceramic air stones, I use them in my salt tanks, it seems to be working fine. I put one double air pump with two 8 inch ceramic air stones on each 5 gallon bucket. I initially was really surprised how fast the gold foils off the boards. Much better than how I was doing it before.

Scott

ok, I must have not of read about this yet... I thought the "Air" was to be use to rejuvenate the solution AFTER the process, are you all using it during? If so it makes sense... :idea:

Latest posts

Back