acids

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markqf1

Hi all,
I am purchasing a system III from action mining this week and after looking at the prices and tranportation cost for the acids available from them I was thinking about trying to aquire them locally. I have read a couple of other posts here concerning the use of drain openers and such.
I checked at the local lowes and they do carry a product that seems to be
mostly sulfuric acid with a few buffers. Does anyone know if this would be a good enough substitute to use for pgm leaching? Also, the hydrocloric acid they sell at lowes is 31% compared to the 36%-38% that action mining sells. Will this work or, is there a way to make stronger?
Any help on this would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Mark

Hey mark, im in the same pickle, Im undecided what chems to use, as i dont want carbon problems, I dont mind blowing out the honeycomb, but heating it to beyond 700 degrees adds one more hassle.... I dont think anyone on here has actually proccesed converters and trying to make a living from it, talke dto heavyshakes , he bought the platinumill and is having hell with the system, not the process. I sent you a pm trying to get your info so I could give you a shout off the forum,,, Frog

yea frog,
I tryed to call you , and left my number.
Right now I'm at the stage of boiling down battery acid(electrolyte) so there are no contaminants.
As for the muratic, I've got a guy at a pool supply that says its the same stuff. Instead of a 50-50 soloution with water , I intend to mix mine a little stronger. If it doesn't work... well then I'll know what not to do.
Any help on it would be greatly apprieciated.

Latest posts

Back