Advice on new business in italy

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi All!

First of all I'm sorry for my english ,
i'm an italian goldsmith , We have been manufacturing jewellerries for many years , three years ago i opened a shop in which i buy gold scrap and pay in cash, anyway in this period the competition is very high so the margin too ...
I'd like to know what do you think about this market i'm wondering what will happen to all theese shop when people's used gold stock will end? and maybe receive some ideas on a new business in the same business

Thanks a lot, i find this forum very interesting
Roberto

In times of high gold prices many jewelers turn to buying to stay in business and if the prices fall again they can alloy it back down and go back to selling jewelery again. Having manufacturing skills mean you may survive the next change in direction. 8)

Thanks for your reply , yes we have manufacturing skills anyway at present there is no enough demand for jewellery our product is "basic" we have been working for times with U.S.A, Europe and Dubai but now the trend is negative i mean the people is buying less jewellery day by day this is not cause of the recesions it's for a change of life style ... so that's why we are trying to understand what we can do staying in the same field
Any suggestions?

simple you know an art form so all you have to do is teach other people your knowledge for a fee and do not be shy to charge large divide your knowledge into different classes
example :1 rings start with silver add a advanced class for gold add a class for casting
2 bracelets (same as above) add the extra classes
3 necklaces
4 diamond seting (use cubic zirconiums)
You get the idea
on top off the class price you charge for materials and silver and gold(who doesn't want to keep the first ring they made ?)
you will make more teaching than selling if you play it wright sell them tools as well they will
come back to you to buy gold and silver to create with .
recession or dip in trend can be seen as opportunity.

shyknee

Hi Shyknee,

I'm agree with you that recession can be seen as opportunity that's why i'm writing here...
Anyway there is no market here in Italy to teach to people there are a lot of school that at the moment have no students simply because no one want learn this work cause they are consciuous that jewellery manufacture field is not a good business ,, it is not as problem of recession the people buy less jewelleries day by day cause they are changing their life stile ... they prefer to buy technology ...the only way could be to develop a new brand but costs are too high.... that's why we have opened a shop in which we buy used gold for cash but at the moment this is a difficult market too ...
I'm still here to receive some good advice !!! thank you all for your kindness!!

Mio Caro Roberto:

Recession=crisis....crisis means "opportunity" in chinese.....so you have to take these "recession opportunities"....take a look to these business:

I am sure you have machinery to make silver wire,well,that is it...make silver wire to make silver colloidal solutions.

Recover precious metals from urban mines,like batteries,electronic,catalysts,computers,coins and so for.

Do not feel bad,it will come better days....drink some Chianti,Barolo,Valpolicella,Frascati or Verdicchio wine,date a "ragazza",take a walk through your beautiful Italian Land.

¡ Forza Italia!!!!

Dio vi benedica.

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Thanks a lot for your reply, i'll drink some Chianti for you ... :)
About your advice : as Producers we can't recollect electronic scraps it is an infinite process to obtain all licences here in italy.....
You know ....it would be great to produce something for another industry segment , i mean chemical , electronic etc.... but i don't have idea what to do and how to start isn't there a good demand for a particular product /industry that i can produce in my factory using my skills ? About silver colloidal solution what you mean exactly?

I've just recollect some informations about silver colloidal solution, this is a good example of a new product ,that allow me to use my machineries or update/buy ones
As i've just told the important is that product's demand be good/enough ... i' think that if we want maintain competition in market we have to advance on techology process .... So even if i don't know the market situation for silver colloidal solution this example reflect what i mean .... Any suggestions ?

For example Silver or Gold compounds in medical/Industries appliances... what do you think ? if i see that there is demand for that product i can think to change machineries etc...

Mio Caro Roberto:

BINGO!!!!!!!!...now you have a new business..colloidal silver is used for water purification....all Governments need it in natural disaster cases...all what you need is pure silver wire.The processes to make colloidal silver have been posted here in the Forum.

Buona Fortuna

Manuel

I am studying colloidial gold, used as medicine for Epilepsy, seizures, reumatoid arthritis, alcoholism, syphilis.

my daughter has seizures, and there seems to be good evidence gold may help.

I've recollected some info on this field and the domand is not so high and considering that the process is very simple there are a lot of competitors especially in Asia.... so unfortunatly is not a good business !!! ):

Back