After chip incineration

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tahmoures

Hello everyone
I was doing gold recovery from 500 grams of RAM IC chips and now i think that im stucked and help needed.
So i tell you my steps of processing and then my questions for better information
1. I dissolved tin/solder with HCl and airpump and after washinf the chips i dissolved the left IC legs with diluted 15% nitric acid that i think was excess step and not nessecary.

2. I incinerated IC chips with flame and got most white burned chips but there was a little black chips left and i was flaming about 30 minutes and i didnt continue and thought its enough for incinerating.

3. I grinded the chips to powder grade and then washed with water. I filled my buckets with water and waited for 30 seconds to one minute and after that pouring of black water containing carbon cerfully to another bucket and did it again. I was exhausted that the water was black after more than 15 times of washing and then i went to next step

4. I dissolved copper and other base metals with 40% nitric acid and left the reactor overnight. I pumped nitrate solutions with mu manual pump and washed the left with water plenty times. But questions:

1.Did i do incineration right of i should rinse the left materials again?

2. Washing carbons was a serious pain in neck for me and I dont know how to wash the carbons out. I wait too much i think and carbons goes down with metals and my washing is bad.

3. Im stuck with left materials in bottom of my washing bucket that its like asphalt paste and ist too much viscous and i dont know how to get rid of it, i thinks its because i waited too much for pouring off dirty water and carbons went down with metals.

Sorry for my tying and english mistakes by the way and long story told.

Hello everyone
I was doing gold recovery from 500 grams of RAM IC chips and now i think that im stucked and help needed.
So i tell you my steps of processing and then my questions for better information
1. I dissolved tin/solder with HCl and airpump and after washinf the chips i dissolved the left IC legs with diluted 15% nitric acid that i think was excess step and not nessecary.

2. I incinerated IC chips with flame and got most white burned chips but there was a little black chips left and i was flaming about 30 minutes and i didnt continue and thought its enough for incinerating.

3. I grinded the chips to powder grade and then washed with water. I filled my buckets with water and waited for 30 seconds to one minute and after that pouring of black water containing carbon cerfully to another bucket and did it again. I was exhausted that the water was black after more than 15 times of washing and then i went to next step

4. I dissolved copper and other base metals with 40% nitric acid and left the reactor overnight. I pumped nitrate solutions with mu manual pump and washed the left with water plenty times. But questions:

1.Did i do incineration right of i should rinse the left materials again?

2. Washing carbons was a serious pain in neck for me and I dont know how to wash the carbons out. I wait too much i think and carbons goes down with metals and my washing is bad.

3. Im stuck with left materials in bottom of my washing bucket that its like asphalt paste and ist too much viscous and i dont know how to get rid of it, i thinks its because i waited too much for pouring off dirty water and carbons went down with metals.

Sorry for my tying and english mistakes by the way and long story told.
Where to begin.

You are not doing things right.
Of course you can remove legs and such, HCl and bubbling is not good, at least when you go to Nitric without roasting.
Pyrolize then incinerate and then crush/grind and separate and then incinerate again.

Since you seem not capable or willing to search the forum I have done it for you.
Read here All of it preferably.

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/ic-chips-gold-recovery.31682/post-335485
There are plenty more.

Where to begin.

You are not doing things right.
Of course you can remove legs and such, HCl and bubbling is not good, at least when you go to Nitric without roasting.
Pyrolize then incinerate and then crush/grind and separate and then incinerate again.

Since you seem not capable or willing to search the forum I have done it for you.
Read here All of it preferably.

https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/ic-chips-gold-recovery.31682/post-335485
There are plenty more.
Thanks for your help so much and Yup I did wrong on the chips and after doing I studied from the group and knew I was way wrong and Im reading more to learn lessons from my mistakes and others experiences and im searching more and more in the forum for my question answers and thanks for topics that you mentioned.
But about washing and how to wash powdered incinerated IC chips i couldnt find answer in topics and thats the reason that i started this topic. Am I way serious and sensitive about washing the podwers or its a little tricky?

Thanks for your help so much and Yup I did wrong on the chips and after doing I studied from the group and knew I was way wrong and Im reading more to learn lessons from my mistakes and others experiences and im searching more and more in the forum for my question answers and thanks for topics that you mentioned.
But about washing and how to wash powdered incinerated IC chips i couldnt find answer in topics and thats the reason that i started this topic. Am I way serious and sensitive about washing the podwers or its a little tricky?
Gravity separate by panning.

The washing is a process no one enjoys. Or at least I don't. 😉

I use a gold pan. And I keep all rinse water. What I did this last time was kept all my rinse water in a bucket and I got a large funnel and decent sized (large) container/ beaker. So I'd do my rinsing over and into said bucket. Then little by little I'd take my rinse water and put it thru 2 coffee filters and funnel. So it would catch all materials good or bad. Then I'd let it sit and settle, so that any of the material that made it thru the filters separates to the bottom and I'd use that water to rinse again! This took days and I sometimes used 2 funnels to increase the filtering. But knowing no matter what that all my material was saved it allowed me to be a little quicker with rinsing. Not waiting 30 seconds for example. More like 10 to 15 seconds. Now I don't know if this is good advice but it's what I did. It still took lots of rinsing. A LOT! and later I'll have to take all that filtered stuff and do something with it to recover any PM's I might have washed away. Probably incinerate it. Also using a gold pan. Helped. But not totally necessary.

Let’s say you have 10 or more pounds (5+ kg) per day of milled ash full of bonding wires. What are the best 2 or 3 methods of separating the wires from the ash?
If it is proper ashed, just pan or sluice it.
Should be easy enough.
Much harder if it’s not properly ashed.
Patnor had an excellent thread about this a few years back. Kurtak too.
Search and you shall find.

Latest posts

Back